Removal of Fat / Extra Skin on Back of Head

where can i get the fat/extra skin on the back of my head surgically removed? i just want to know if theirs a surgery that can remove it, or should i lose more weight or what?

Removal of the "Excess) skin fold in the Back of the Head

+1

Regarding: " Removal of Fat / Extra Skin on Back of Head
where can i get the fat/extra skin on the back of my head surgically removed?
i just want to know if theirs a surgery that can remove it, or should i lose more weight or w
hat?"

Definitely NOT one of my favorite operations. The allow extreme neck flexion (chin touching the chest) there is a seeming skin excess at the back of the head just below a very prominent skull bump. In that area the very mobile scalp becomes densely attached to the neck muscles. While removing this skin is possible it is bloody, the scar is not great (and ideally should be hidden in the hair bearing scalp) and the improvement minimal to moderate. Think about it more before doing it.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Removing excess skin from back neck/head.

+1

We sometimes will do this on a patient with excess skin from aging, but I would have to see and feel the skin to know if you are a candidate for surgery.

Excess skin can often be improved through surgery

+1

Hi there-

A formal consultation and examination would be necessary in order to understand the problem better and provide a more specific and responsible answer, but generally speaking skin in excess can be improved by plastic surgical excision and contouring in healthy patients.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Neck skin and fat

+1

Wihtout seeing photos, it is difficult to say what can be done for you.  Removing the skin and fat of the neck may be easy, but will leave a scar.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.