Segmental Stepwise Facelift

Segmental Stepwise Facelift - What do you think of this type of facelift? Is it a kind of a SMAS lift? Thanks

Segmental Stepwise Facelift

+1

I have no clue as to what “segmental stepwise facelift” is. It may be another marketing ploy by some individual as it is certainly not a procedure that is widely known or published in the literature.

Segmental Stepwise Facelift Equals Marketing Hogwash

+1

Whatever this marketing term means, I can assure you that it is more terminology than an actual advance in Facelift technique.  Every Facelift is performed in a sequential or "stepwise" fashion, because a Facelift required a series of steps in order to achieve the end result.  Creative marketing does not correlate with better results:  Be careful!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tradename facelift

+1

It sounds like the segmental stepwise facelift is a nice marketing tool.  Caveat emptor.  The most important thing is to make sure the surgeon is board certified and gets reproducible good results.

Brand name facelifts are not differant or better.

+1

Just today in a medical aesthetics magazine I got in the mail, was advertised, The Stem Cell Lift,  The New Future Lift and the Adjustable Facelift.  I assume the Segmental Stepwise Facelift falls into this category, ie a slick marketing of a routinue facelift, perhaps with some small variations, that by "branding" it makes the procedure seem somehow differant and innovative and implys that it is better.  Do not choose based on a name given to the procedure, instead find a board certified plastic surgeon with an excellant reputation who will fully discuss your problems and what would be done to fix them.  View photos of his/her work and if possible speak with some of the patients.  This is the safest way to proceed and most likely to give you a satisfying result.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Brand name facelift

+1

Be careful of brand named facial procedures.  Often these are marketing strategies without even mentioning the physician or physicians providing the care.

The most important advice is finding a board certified plastic surgeon qualified to perform a facelift. The consultation with your doctor will determine if you need segments of the face tightened.  For instance the neck/jawline, the midface or the forehead.  The SMAS is used in tightening/lifting the jawline and midface.

All these areas of the face can be lifted and  tightened in one surgical procedure, as determined by the plastic surgeon during your consultation.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Segmental Stepwise Faceliftt

+1

I don't know what a Segmental Stepwise Facelift is. Look at before and after results and get other opinions. It is important to understand what will be done, possible complications, and normal recovery, but pick the surgeon and not the technique

Named or trade-marked procedures are often marketing gimmicks

+1

Truly effective cosmetic surgical techniques do not require a catchy name or significant marketing. An experienced, trustworthy facial plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with will help you alot more than any marketing gimmick.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Different Facelift Techniques

+1

Every surgeon has a little variation on the basic Facelift technique he or she uses. Many will name their technique as a marketing technique. In spite of all the different names, there are only a few basic types of Facelift that work, and all have similarities. What you need to do is find a surgeon who is recommended, who can show you results, will discuss your desires with you, and with whom you feel confident that your needs will be met.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Named Facelifts

+1

Brandname facelifts are marketing tools only.  Don't be fooled into thinking that since someone came up with a catchy name that they are doing something special.  Research your surgeon and talk to their patients - this is the best way to find a good match.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Segmental Stepwise Facelift

+1

Only one reference could be found after my search for 10 minutes. It is as Dr Placik stated. So stop looking for a named facelift and find a plastic surgeon to evaluate. you.