I want to get my implants removed, how much does this cost in or around fairfax, va?

I have has them for over 10 years and finding that they have become uncomfortable and sometimes painful. I do not want them replaced, just gone. Thanks ahead of time.

+1
A good place to start would be to contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for a list of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area.

Breast implant removal

+1
After 10 years of having the breast implants, there are some changes in the breast and possible implants/ capsule.
When removing breast implants it is always better to remove the capsule to prevent deformity and collection of fluid.

Samir Shureih MD FACS
sshureih@msn.com

I want to get my implants removed, how much does this cost?

+1

There may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal concerns), helps.