Fading Mole?

Hi Doctors. I have a question. I have a mole that i have had for a LONG time on the cartledge on my ear. Looking back at a pic from 7 years ago it was MUCH darker. The mole is still the same shape and size, just MUCH lighter. Is this normal? Thank you for your time!

Change in a mole

Many moles can change with time - most of the gradual changes are harmless. This could be a change in colour, shape or size. If the change has happened rapidly - for example, increasing in size or a change in the colour or surface of a mole within a few weeks or months - you should get it checked out. Otherwise a gradual change over seven years does not sound too sinister.

If you are very worried, please see a specialist (or at least post a good quality photograph here).

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon