Is It Possible to Repair a Facial Piercing Hole?

I have a hole from a piercing on my upper lip. I hate it and regret it every time I look in a mirror! Can this be repaired? If so, what would it cost in Texas? Would it scar?

Repair piercings - a frequent problem

+1

Yes piercings can be repaired on the upper lip. It likely can be done in the office with a local anesthetic in a few minutes. I would guess a few hundred dollars total cost.

You will have to be content with a very small vertical scar in place of the piercing. It will tend to fade over 6-9 months.

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Piercings can be repaired

+1

There are a couple of options to repair the scar left after removal of a lip piercing. One is excision which would leave a small vertical scar. The other is TCA inserted into the piercing which can often be quite successful without increasing the size of the scar you already have.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision of facial piercing.

+1

Yes it is possible to remove the scar this requires excision of the tract of skin lining the piercing. This can be accomplished via a variety of techniques which are typiclally performed under local anestheia. Fees will vary from $300 up to $1000.

Is it possible to repair a facial piercing hole?

+1

Dear Danielleamaria,

Totally fixable if you are willing to accept a vertical scar where the hole is (like a smoker's line). As Plastic surgeons we often deal with lip injuries (cuts, dog bites etc) so your piercing should not be a challenge for a experienced Plastic surgeons. As far as cost, every area has its own costs, I would guess a few hundred dollars for everything.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS
www.TheBeautyDoctors.com