Facelift for a 35 Year Old?

I am only 35. My body look like 20 but my face look so old due my job which is in the kitchen all the time by the grill. I don't like looking at my face in the mirror. It scares and stresses me out. Do I need a Facelift? Thank you

Your work can wear out your face

While rare, a face lift can be the best option for a younger patient.

The mid-thirties patients I had who have had very successful facial rejuvenations, which included facelifts, were a tennis pro and a ski instructor. Both are healthy, youthful people whose lifestyle weathered their faces prematurely. I suspect that your exposure at work resembles the same effect.

They responded beautifully to lift, fills, and minor behavior modification with a great outcome both short term and long term.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

35 - do I need a facelift?

There really is no easy answer for your question. Also, it is impossible to give a good opinion without examining you or even seeing a picture.  The best thing to do would be to see a Plastic surgeon in consultation to assess your individual anatomy and give you realistic expectations of what surgery can fix. He/she can discuss your options and help you have a better understanding of any procedures.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Facelift at age 35

It is very unlikely that a person is a candidate for a facelift at age 35.  If the way your face is aging concerns you, seek consultation from a facial rejuvenation expert so that you can discuss:

• Botox
  • Fillers
  • Preventative measures for aging
  • Skin care routines
  • Resurfacing procedures
  • Lifestyle changes

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift in a 35 year old is possible but very uncommon; look for other treatments first.

You may be better off with a less invasive technique such as a peel or laser resurfacing. However, in rare cases, particularly massive weight loss or paitents with sever skin laxity, I have performed facelifts in patients 35 and younger.

35 year old for a Facelift

The young face that looks old could be because of thin soft tissues, lack of volume. The first choice would be to add volume to the face by using fillers. If that does not work then facelift would be a good option.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift for a 35 Year Old

Thank you for your question. Usually, for younger patients, it is not advisable to have a facelift. The best option for you would probably be less invasive techniques like laser surfacing, botox or dermal fillers or the non-surgical facelift with energy devices. 

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early Treatment of Facial Aging

It’s not unusual for patients in their mid-thirties to notice changes that are associated with aging. These patients frequently seek consultation with plastic surgeons. It would be unusual for someone this age to require a facelift, but this depends on their specific anatomic findings.
The vast majority of patients in this situation require temporizing maneuvers. These include Botox injectable fillers and skin re-surfacing. These procedures often address concerns about aging without exposing patients to the risks of surgery.
If you’re in your thirties and are concerned about facial aging it’s appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan to address your concerns.

Facelift at 35?

At your age it would be unusual for a facelift to be done. I would look to other non-ivasive methods first. The basis of a facelift is not pulling the skin rather it is repositioning of tissues under the skin and then re-draping the skin over the more youthful understructure. In some patients neck liposuction, fat grafting and other procedures to the eyes or forehead are done concurrently. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get a detailed exam and treatment plan. Most have complimentary or low cost consultations.

Facelift and Age

A facelift at 35 is not unheard of but consider other options first.  To understand why a facelift at 35 is rare, you have to understand the way we age.  We age in 3 ways: first, our skin changes (brown spots, textural changes, color changes, redness, sun damage, large pores, etc.), secondly, our skin sags (as a result of sun damage, loss of elastic tissue and collagen), and lastly, we lose volume in the form of bone, fat, and muscle.  The first and third items are the first to occur.  The best things to do at 35 are preventative.  Eat a healthy diet high in fiber, antioxidants, and drink plenty of water; use your sunscreens and stay our of the sun; exercise; use a moisturizer daily.  Next, get started on a skin care regimen, preferably from your plastic surgeon's office that consists of an antioxidant, retinol, sunscreen, exfoliant, and moisturizer.  Use this for a couple of months and then if you're still seeing changes that are not to your liking, consider addressing the third item I mentioned above.  Fillers can help replenish and 'reinflate' tissue that has lost volume causing the overlying skin to sag.  Once 'filled', the tissue becomes repositioned in a more superior position simulating a facelift or, as commonly referred to, a liquid facelift.  Good luck!

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age 35 is too young for a facelift

You do not need a facelift at age 35. The aging process is genetic and has nothing to do with working in the kitchen so often. Facelifts are usually performed on people in their 50s and 60s, not at age 35.