Facelift for a 35 Year Old?

I am only 35. My body look like 20 but my face look so old due my job which is in the kitchen all the time by the grill. I don't like looking at my face in the mirror. It scares and stresses me out. Do I need a Facelift? Thank you

Facelift at age 35

+2

It is very unlikely that a person is a candidate for a facelift at age 35.  If the way your face is aging concerns you, seek consultation from a facial rejuvenation expert so that you can discuss:

• Botox
  • Fillers
  • Preventative measures for aging
  • Skin care routines
  • Resurfacing procedures
  • Lifestyle changes

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift in a 35 year old is possible but very uncommon; look for other treatments first.

+2

You may be better off with a less invasive technique such as a peel or laser resurfacing. However, in rare cases, particularly massive weight loss or paitents with sever skin laxity, I have performed facelifts in patients 35 and younger.

Your work can wear out your face

+2

While rare, a face lift can be the best option for a younger patient.

The mid-thirties patients I had who have had very successful facial rejuvenations, which included facelifts, were a tennis pro and a ski instructor. Both are healthy, youthful people whose lifestyle weathered their faces prematurely. I suspect that your exposure at work resembles the same effect.

They responded beautifully to lift, fills, and minor behavior modification with a great outcome both short term and long term.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 35?

+1

At your age it would be unusual for a facelift to be done. I would look to other non-ivasive methods first. The basis of a facelift is not pulling the skin rather it is repositioning of tissues under the skin and then re-draping the skin over the more youthful understructure. In some patients neck liposuction, fat grafting and other procedures to the eyes or forehead are done concurrently. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get a detailed exam and treatment plan. Most have complimentary or low cost consultations.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Facelift and Age

+1

A facelift at 35 is not unheard of but consider other options first.  To understand why a facelift at 35 is rare, you have to understand the way we age.  We age in 3 ways: first, our skin changes (brown spots, textural changes, color changes, redness, sun damage, large pores, etc.), secondly, our skin sags (as a result of sun damage, loss of elastic tissue and collagen), and lastly, we lose volume in the form of bone, fat, and muscle.  The first and third items are the first to occur.  The best things to do at 35 are preventative.  Eat a healthy diet high in fiber, antioxidants, and drink plenty of water; use your sunscreens and stay our of the sun; exercise; use a moisturizer daily.  Next, get started on a skin care regimen, preferably from your plastic surgeon's office that consists of an antioxidant, retinol, sunscreen, exfoliant, and moisturizer.  Use this for a couple of months and then if you're still seeing changes that are not to your liking, consider addressing the third item I mentioned above.  Fillers can help replenish and 'reinflate' tissue that has lost volume causing the overlying skin to sag.  Once 'filled', the tissue becomes repositioned in a more superior position simulating a facelift or, as commonly referred to, a liquid facelift.  Good luck!

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is 35 Too Young for a Face Lift?

+1

While it is impossible to correctly diagnose your causes of facial aging without examining you or seeing pictures, it would be extremely rare to perform a face lift on a 35 year old.

In my practice in Tampa, Florida, despite the excess sun exposure and thus premature facial aging many patients experience, I have never performed a face lift on a 35 year old.  Most 35 year olds who undergo a face lift procedure have significant amounts of excess facial skin and sagging secondary to massive weight loss or genetic mutations which cause premature aging.

I suspect that many of your concerns regarding the appearance of your face could be addressed with a rigorous skin care regimen and/or noninvasive plastic surgery procedures like Botox or dermal fillers.

I recommend you see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can accurately diagnose your causes of facial aging and recommend the most appropriate treatment at this time.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Face Lift Specialist in Tampa, Florida

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Jaime Perez, MD

35 - do I need a facelift?

+1

There really is no easy answer for your question. Also, it is impossible to give a good opinion without examining you or even seeing a picture.  The best thing to do would be to see a Plastic surgeon in consultation to assess your individual anatomy and give you realistic expectations of what surgery can fix. He/she can discuss your options and help you have a better understanding of any procedures.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Age 35 is too young for a facelift

+1

You do not need a facelift at age 35. The aging process is genetic and has nothing to do with working in the kitchen so often. Facelifts are usually performed on people in their 50s and 60s, not at age 35.

Facelift in a 35 Year Old

+1

A facelift is rarely the procedure of choice for rejuvenation in a 35 year old. Without seeing you, it is impossible to say exactly what your problem may be and determine what is the best approach. For example, a chemical peel or laser treatment may be more appropriate than a facelift if the quality of your skin has been affected by your environment. You need a good consultation.

Facelift for younger patients.

+1

Hi.

1)  In New York, we do a few facelifts on patients younger than 40.

2)  Usually, women your age can be made to look great with non invasive procedures or more minor surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)