How to Make my Eyes More Even?

Hi! I think that my right eye (left on pictures)looks smaller than my left eye. My right eyebrow is also lower than my left eyebrow, and I have more skin covering my lid on that eye. I usually look tired (even though when I am not!) and I am wondering if eyelidsurgery on both eyes would open them up as well as making my eyes appear more equal? Since one of my eyebrows is lower than the other, would you recommend botox to raise it slightly? I am 25 years old. Thanks!

Asymetry of eyelids & eyes

+1

We as humans all posses faces that are to some degree asymmetrical-(our faces develop in the womb from 2 sides with several groupings of tissues that normally fuse together and they are rarely perfectly equal). So when one brow is a bit higher or one eye seems a bit smaller, for example, it may be nothing more than a "normal asymmetry" that is noticed mainly by the person themselves.     If these issues seem to be changing or worsening or one lid begins to droop, however, it is worth having a careful evaluation by a qualified physician.  When subtle brow positioning is desired, the injectable drugs Dysport or Botox can be a temporary aide in helping a brow raise or lower, and the effects last about 3 months. Surgery designed to raise a brow is more involved and does not always achieve the hoped for long -lasting changes. So don't be overly critical of subtle differences in your face!

Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyes appear uneben at 25, now what?

+1

You have relatively low eyebrows with one slightly lower than the other.  You are a bit young for a Brow Lift to place the eyebrows in the proper aesthetic position as 27 is the youngest that I have performed this procedure.  The brows will continue to drop with age and if you mistakenly have any of the upper eyelid skin removed, this will cause the eyebrows to be brought lower as that skin incision is closed.  have a few consultations with experienced plastic and cosmetic surgeons when you're ready to learn more about the risks and benefits of a Brow lift.

Young and Uneven

+1
There are many subtle findings, that a good consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be able to identify for you and recommend the best treatment. I do believe the findings on the pictures can be due to a combination of muscle movement differences, bone, and soft tissue fullness differences. Typically, a combination of relaxant (Botox or Dysport) and filler to the brow can be very effective when done properly. A brow lift may be a more permanent option but significant skill is needed. Good luck.

Julius W. Few, MD

Eyes appear uneven

+1

From the photos you posted, I agree that your eyes appear uneven, and the right eye is more prominent.  This may be new, or you may have been born this way.  With all due respect to the other doctors, before considering any cosmetic procedures, the most important thing you can do for yourself is to go to a place like Moorfield's in London (if that is where you live), to have your eyes checked.  The orbit and eyelid specialists there are world renown, and they can check to make sure the right eye is even with the left.  If they find the right eye is bulging, they might suggest getting a CT scan or MRI to help figure out why one eye is different from the other.  Please go and get yourself checked.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bony Facial Asymmetry

+1

You have bony facial asymmetry, with right side of your face being smaller than the left side.  (Everyone has soms facial asymmetry, ranging from very subtle to grossly obvious.)  Botox can help make the brows more symmetric.  There are other options as well such as fillers in the left upper eyelid area.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Personal consultations can be very helpful with the right surgeon!

+1

Nattab

What you have is underlying facial skeletal asymmetry.  Nothing in this picture suggests "neuromuscular pathology."  In addition, you show a tiny amount of right upper eyelid ptosis accounting for what you report as a smaller right eye.  Interestingly there is also a compensatory left brow hike.  This suggests that the left upper eyelid is also ptotic and the brow hike compensates for this.  This subtle effect is very important to note because both upper eyelids are likely to have an element of upper eyelid ptosis.  Correctly only the right side might cause the uncorrected left side to fall after unilateral ptosis surgery.  Pre-operative testing to assess this situation and in some cases in actually makes sense to operate on both sides.  

Uneven eyes

+1

You appear to be young and the asymmetry is subtle. There is no substitute for a face-to-face consultation and evaluation by a surgeon in such cases. There may be a unilateral ptosis or facial nerve weakness as the reason for this asymettry. Also, is the asymmetry constant or does it fluctuate? It is important to rule out a neuromuscular pathology. With regards to your cosmetic concerns, I would take a conservative approach given your youth and subtlety of the unevenness. I would start with neuromodulators such as Botox or Dysport or even the newest FDA approved toxin, Xeomin to help lift the depressed lid or lower the raise lid depending on your preferance. a Brow lift (endoscopic) would be my second option. At this point I would not recommend an upper bleph as it may pull the brow further down and leave you with a visible scar.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon