Eyes Too Close Together? (photo)

What can be done to increase the distance between my eyes? My eyes are about 3.5 cm in length with a distance of 2 cm between each of them. Are there any effective surgical options available to me. I am a 28 year old man.

Craniofacial surgery

+1

The only surgery that can change the distance between the eyes is complex craniofacial surgery involving your eye sockets. Such surgery is done for medical reasons, usually in Children with significant craniofacial syndromes.

Your anatomy is within the normal range and as such, it would be unwise to put you through the risk and morbidity of such surgery which would only give you  modest, and possible unnatural results.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Increasing Distance Between Eyes?

+1

I would not recommend widening this distance as this does involve a remodeling of the craniofacial skeleton, which has a considerable complication profile.

Eyes Too Close Together? (photo)

+1

Your eyes are positioned centrally within your orbits, which appear to have appropriate relationships with one another and with your other facial landmarks.  The illusion of proximity can be adjusted by rhinoplasty.  A profile view would offer more information, but in general, widening the nasal dorsum (top of nose) and perhaps lowering dorsum and/or root of nose would likely produce the change you desire.

Steve Laverson, MD

Eyes Too Close Together?

+1

The surgery to correct the problem you mention is a massive operation and I doubt any surgeon would undertake it for cosmetic reasons.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Eyes too close together

+1

It is possible to increase the distance between your eyes. But it requires lengthy and risky craniofacial surgery, usually done in children with true congenital deformities. Not a good idea in your case. However, a rhinoplasty may give you the effect you are looking for.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD