Did Latisse Fade my Permanent Eyeliner?

I have my eyeliner tattoed, it appears that after using Latisse my permanent eyeliner has pretty much faded away. Is this possible?

Latisse and Permanent Eyeliner

+1

Latisse will have no effect on permanent eyeliner. One of the problems with "permanent" eyeliner is that it's not really permanent and will fade over time anyway.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse should not fade your permanent eyeliner

+1

Latisse should not fade your permanent eyeliner.  It simply makes your eyelashes grow and get darker. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

No Something Else Did

+1

One of the effects of Latisse is to activate the melanocytes, causing them to increase pigmentation. Latisse also causes a prolongation of the anagen (growth) phase of the hair cycle. These two affects cause eyelashes to grow darker and longer respectively. There is no physiologic reason that they would fade eyeliner. Instead, I would question what chemical was used in the production of your "permanent" eyeliner. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Latisse CANNOT fade Tattoos

+1

There is NO physical or physiologic way in which the prescribed application of Latisse can fade or erase eyelash tattoos. Latisse stimulates eyelash follicles to stay longer in the growth phase, It has no ability to bring about mobilization of tattoo dye.