OK to Use Latisse if Planning to Get Pregnant?

I plan on getting pregnant is it ok to use latisse?

Latiss While Trying to Get Pregnant

+3

It is best not to use any topical or oral medication while trying to get pregnant without your Ob's say so. Latisse is a low dose topical Prostaglandin analog and its absorption into the bloodstream is likely to be low, but why take a chance?

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse During Pregnancy

+3

No.

One should not use Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic) during pregnancy or lactation. It is a Class C drug, animal studies showed adverse effects, but no human studies. Cosmetic treatments should be avoided during pregnancy. Speak with your obstetrician regarding any concerns.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse and Pregnancy

+2

There are very few drugs being tested for safety with pregnancy. Rather than spending millions to look at safety record in pregnancy and many more millions in subsequent lawsuits due to our flawed medical justice system, the vast majority of drug companies prefer NOT to test but simply advise you not to try it if you are pregnant or trying to be and save themselves the headaches.

You will find this with many other drugs so proceed only after checking with your OB.

I don’t think it’s a problem to use Latisse if you are planning on getting pregnant

+1

I don’t think it’s a problem to use Latisse if you are planning on getting pregnant. But, you should read the package insert because it’s probably not recommended during pregnancy.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon