Ask a doctor

My Right Eyelid Gets Stuck at the Top of my Eye Giving Me a Look Like I Have No Eyelid???

I can pull it down and it returns to normal but after a while it returns. Can anyone help identify what it is and how it can be corrected?

Doctor Answers (2)

Nothing seems abnormal


The photos show a mild degree of asymmetry between the upper eyelid folds, but this is a completely normal situation. Everyone shows some degree of asymmetry. If there is a dynamic situation with the eyelids, an evaluation would need to be done in person.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Can't really tell what is going on here.


This is a situation that definitely warrants medical attention.  I would recommend seeing an ophthalmologist regarding this issue.  If something is seriously going on the ophthalmologist will refer you on to an oculoplastic specialists in the health service.

Web reference:

Los Angeles Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.