Can Eyelash Eversion from Asian Bleph Be Corrected 1 Month After Surgery or is It Still Swollen? (photo)

I had Asian bleph done 3 weeks ago and my eyelashes are very everted to point where you can see the inner lid border constantly. The surgeon saw it 1 week after surgery but made no comments regarding. He is now out of town due to holiday. Could it still be swelling or is this a procedural mishap and can it still be corrected a month after surgery? It looks unnatural when I put on eyeliner due to this

Eyelash eversion after Asian eyelid surgery

+1

I would recommend you to observe for now as this condition will most likely improve in time. Although it may be difficult for you to wait, I would wait at least another month or two before considering revision. To me, the eversion I see in your picture is not significant enough to warrant an urgent revision.

Eyelash Eversion One Month After Asian Blepharoplasty

+1

Dear Ncf2tsky428,

Your photo suggests that you still have postoperative swelling. Keep in touch with your surgeon, and be sure to continue with your postoperative care.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

It is both swelling and over-rotation of the lid margin.

+1

This warrants aggressive treatment.  A trial of steroids would definitely have been worthwhile at 7 days.  It is often worth taking the lid apart at 7 days to reduced the anchor sutures that are causing over-rotation of the lid margin.  This will soften but based on the photo, I suspect that in 2 months when most of the swelling has settled, the lid will still be too over-rotated.  This can be revised surgically.