One Eye Bigger Than the Other? (photo)

Hi Doctors, I have taken a few pics of mine recently and I am noticing that one of my eyes is larger than the other.. Though in normal day to day life, I hadnt realised it. It is more clear iin the photos. Is there any natural or exercises I can do to make it better? I am 23 years old and would not like to do surgery.

One Eye Bigger Than the Other? (photo)

+2

You have subtle aymmetry, I suspect that you may have a larger eye socket on the left and as a result the eye globe sits a bit deeper. You have to decide if this is recent event and is it gettting worse. If you compare your old photographs this will be evident. You should see a cranio facial surgeon who can help you.

All the best

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Your Eyes are Asymmetrical but Pretty

+2

You do have noticeable asymmetries of your eyes with the left being smaller. The big picture is that of attractive eyes. Therefore I would not recommend any surgical intervention - although they exist.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need to be assessed by an oculoplastic surgeon

+2

You do have marked facial asymmetry.  The left eye does appear much smaller than the right.  This is not simply a cosmetic issue.  You need to be assessed for this.  Is this a new phenomena that is getting progressively worse.  This might be consistent with a syndrome called the "silent sinus syndrome."  This is caused by closure of the maxillary sinus due to sinus disease which results in the sinus collapsing.  The cure is to open the sinus with sinus surgery and repair the orbit if indicated.  Other causes may not be progressive such and having eyes of different size.  Sometimes the issue is heaviness of the eyelid that makes one eye appear smaller.  Expert assessment will determine the basis for this asymmetry and what should be done if anything.  This is not just a cosmetic issue.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains as website with a regional directory that can help you find a well qualified surgeon in your area to consult with.

Eye shape asymmetry

+2

Asymmetry is very common with all facial features.  There is really no suggested surgical or non surgical correction indicated.  

Gorgeous eyes with normal asymmetry.

+2

Look closely at many famous faces and models.  Asymmetry is everywhere.  Don't worry,  you won't need surgery because if this is a photo of your eyes they are quite beautiful.  That being said, if you'd like an explanation from your photo is appears your left eye may be slightly more deep set than the right for reasons I can only speculate since I'm not seeing you in person.  Typically this is due to a slight difference in the volume of your orbit or eye socket on on side vs. the other.  Unless this is a very obvious new issue (in which case go see an Ophthalmologist) simply go on being an attractive person.

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon