Will Eye Bags Disapper with Surgery Forever???

I am a 29 year old female who has under eye bags, puffy eyes almost every day and from last year some fine wrinkles  I've tried gels, creams, everything….. but nothing worked. I had problems with the kidneys, but no longer, I'm not allergic, but I have occasionally active sinuses. My father has eye bags like forever so I wonder whether genes are associated? If I do the surgery will eye bags disappear forever? I'm really desperate and want advice, please!

Will eyelid puffiness disappear with surgery forever?

+2
Nothing is forever. During the eyelid surgery, fat around the eye is permanently removed for patients with puffiness. Depending on your family history, and care you have taken of your skin, the aging process will continue. Eventually more fat may come forward.  Over the years, surgeons have developed a better concept as to the changes which occur when we age. We recognize that eyes do become hollow, so we have modified our surgeries to try and keep the fat around the eye as much as possible. This may involve tightening some of the tissues which hold the fat in place, or contouring some of the fibrofatty tissue around the eye and replacing it with softer fat from the tummy or hips. As a rule when fat is removed, it does not grow back.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery is usually a once in a lifetime operation.

+1

Most patients that have eyelid surgery do so only once in a lifetime.  This is not to say that aging around the eyes does not continue but usually doesn't reach the point where another operation is needed.