Will Eye Bags Disapper with Surgery Forever???

I am a 29 year old female who has under eye bags, puffy eyes almost every day and from last year some fine wrinkles  I've tried gels, creams, everything….. but nothing worked. I had problems with the kidneys, but no longer, I'm not allergic, but I have occasionally active sinuses. My father has eye bags like forever so I wonder whether genes are associated? If I do the surgery will eye bags disappear forever? I'm really desperate and want advice, please!

Will eyelid puffiness disappear with surgery forever?

+2
Nothing is forever. During the eyelid surgery, fat around the eye is permanently removed for patients with puffiness. Depending on your family history, and care you have taken of your skin, the aging process will continue. Eventually more fat may come forward.  Over the years, surgeons have developed a better concept as to the changes which occur when we age. We recognize that eyes do become hollow, so we have modified our surgeries to try and keep the fat around the eye as much as possible. This may involve tightening some of the tissues which hold the fat in place, or contouring some of the fibrofatty tissue around the eye and replacing it with softer fat from the tummy or hips. As a rule when fat is removed, it does not grow back.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery is usually a once in a lifetime operation.

+1

Most patients that have eyelid surgery do so only once in a lifetime.  This is not to say that aging around the eyes does not continue but usually doesn't reach the point where another operation is needed.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

Eye bag treatment in young patient, generally best to avoid plastic surgery

+1

Hi Macedonia in Macedonia,

Eyelid bags have several causes, including excess fat or sagging skin. Other causes include allergies, thyroid condition, hormones, or medical conditions such as kidney disease. Genetics play a role too.

Generally, there are a few options to improve the appearance of the lower eyelids, eye bags, or dark circles. First option includes basic skin care, tretinoin, and/or chemical peels. This nonsurgical method helps improve the skin quality, reduce pigmentary changes, and improves overall appearance of the lower eyelid & cheek areas.

Second more advanced option is an injectable filler or fat to plump up the area. Fillers are made of material that is slowly removed over time. Facial fillers treatment is performed in the office vial local anesthesia.

The last option, and also the most aggressive, is eyelid plastic surgery. Cosmetic surgery of the lower eyelid may remove or reposition fat in the eye bag area, and possible remove some sagging skin. Plastic surgeons typically don't recommend cosmetic eyelid surgery in young patients.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/eyelid-surgery.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon