Excercises to Help Breast Implants Drop Faster?

One silicone breast implant is dropping a lot faster than the other. the one still high up is 325cc and the other 300cc. It has been 14 days since surgery. Is there anything I can do such as excercises to move the slow one along faster?

VIDEO: Excercises to Help Breast Implants Drop Faster?

+8

I am attaching a video that illustrates the techniques we use to encourage implanted breasts to be mobile, soft,  and supple. You may consider performing these more often on the higher breast.

Compression Bands or Mechanical Massage May Help Drop Implants

+1

It’s not unusual for breast augmentation patients to have superior malposition of their breast implants in the immediate postoperative period. This occurs for a variety of reasons including skin tightness, swelling, and muscle spasm. In the vast majority of patients this resolves with the passage of time and no treatment is necessary.

In some cases, superior compression bands or mechanical massage may help breast implants drop more rapidly. These maneuvers apply downward pressure on the breast implants and help expand the inferior pocket. It’s important to note that the majority of breast implants will eventually drop into normal position without any treatment.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Excercises to Help Breast Implants Drop Faster

+1
Each surgeon has his or her guidelines regarding postoperative care. Typically, patients will massage the breasts. The duration, the technique, and the use of massage will vary from one surgeon to another. Consult with your surgery as he or she knows the specifics about you and the scope of the surgery.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Ask your surgeon

+1
Ask your surgeon if a tensor bandage wrapped around the top portion of your breasts will help. You can also try massage, but only if advised by your surgeon.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast implant pocket

+1

The implants  usually drop over a few months into the pocket that was created for them.  Gentle massage may facilitate this as well as keep the pocket open.

breast implants drop faster

+1

Silght downward compression can help, but usually the implants fall into the pocket over a 3 week to 2 month period as the pectoralis muscle relaxes.

From MIAMI DR. B

I don't Believe in dropping implants

+1

I am not a believer in dropping implants and concur with Dr Beraka.  I am a strict adherer to putting the implants where they belong at the time of surgery.  You may still get an implant that rides high on rare occasion but at least you know that you placed them in the proper position.  Minor differences are usually due to swelling or differences in the infra mammary fold.  

If it is still too high at one month I would say you will need a minor revision to bring the implant down to the opposite side. You might try using a band above the breast to push the implant down but I have seen this work only in rare occasions. Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry in Breast Implant position

+1

Plastic surgeons who take the time to complete their breast Augmentations with the patient in the sitting position have a much lower rate of implant malpositions. Any differences in implant location can be largely addressed at the time of surgery.

After surgery the implants will rise somewhat. I prefer to ask my patients not to wear bras for this short period to allow gravity to bring the implants to where they were at the end of surgery.

But a large difference between implants implies that one pocket MAY have been dissected more than another and MAY require surgery. In consultation with your surgeon, you MAY want to try to massage the higher implant lower. It MAY help. You will have to wait 4-8 weeks to see the result.

Breast implant position

+1

No exercises are necessary, although some surgeons do recommend massage.  The implants will fall at their own rate, and it's not unusual for one to come down before the other.  Be patient and you should see a change within the next 2-3 weeks.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

Breast implants placed under the muscle do need time to drop.  The muscle is always a little tight after the surgery and you have to let the muscle soften and relax.  If you are right handed the right muscle may be a little stronger and fuller.  If you completely divide the muscle you can get the implants into position right away, however, if you have larger implants you will get bottoming out as I have seen from other parts of the country.

Massage or push downward on the high implant and help it catch up with the lower implant.  Don't be too rough but a little extra push a couple times a day may help.

Best Wishes.

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon