Excercises to Help Breast Implants Drop Faster?

One silicone breast implant is dropping a lot faster than the other. the one still high up is 325cc and the other 300cc. It has been 14 days since surgery. Is there anything I can do such as excercises to move the slow one along faster?

VIDEO: Excercises to Help Breast Implants Drop Faster?

+4

I am attaching a video that illustrates the techniques we use to encourage implanted breasts to be mobile, soft,  and supple. You may consider performing these more often on the higher breast.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Breast implant pocket

+1

The implants  usually drop over a few months into the pocket that was created for them.  Gentle massage may facilitate this as well as keep the pocket open.

breast implants drop faster

+1

Silght downward compression can help, but usually the implants fall into the pocket over a 3 week to 2 month period as the pectoralis muscle relaxes.

From MIAMI DR. B

I don't Believe in dropping implants

+1

I am not a believer in dropping implants and concur with Dr Beraka.  I am a strict adherer to putting the implants where they belong at the time of surgery.  You may still get an implant that rides high on rare occasion but at least you know that you placed them in the proper position.  Minor differences are usually due to swelling or differences in the infra mammary fold.  

If it is still too high at one month I would say you will need a minor revision to bring the implant down to the opposite side. You might try using a band above the breast to push the implant down but I have seen this work only in rare occasions. Good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry in Breast Implant position

+1

Plastic surgeons who take the time to complete their breast Augmentations with the patient in the sitting position have a much lower rate of implant malpositions. Any differences in implant location can be largely addressed at the time of surgery.

After surgery the implants will rise somewhat. I prefer to ask my patients not to wear bras for this short period to allow gravity to bring the implants to where they were at the end of surgery.

But a large difference between implants implies that one pocket MAY have been dissected more than another and MAY require surgery. In consultation with your surgeon, you MAY want to try to massage the higher implant lower. It MAY help. You will have to wait 4-8 weeks to see the result.

Breast implant position

+1

No exercises are necessary, although some surgeons do recommend massage.  The implants will fall at their own rate, and it's not unusual for one to come down before the other.  Be patient and you should see a change within the next 2-3 weeks.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

Breast implants placed under the muscle do need time to drop.  The muscle is always a little tight after the surgery and you have to let the muscle soften and relax.  If you are right handed the right muscle may be a little stronger and fuller.  If you completely divide the muscle you can get the implants into position right away, however, if you have larger implants you will get bottoming out as I have seen from other parts of the country.

Massage or push downward on the high implant and help it catch up with the lower implant.  Don't be too rough but a little extra push a couple times a day may help.

Best Wishes.

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

It is a myth that breast implants need to drop.

+1

Hi.

This is such a common question. Breast implants should look great right after surgery.  We don't complete the operation until they do. If one is too high at 14 days, I am afraid you may need a revision breast augmentation in a few months.  Right now, there is nothing to do, so try to be optimistic.  Things might get better. But bands, massage, or exercises do not help.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.