Teenager with Enlarged Mons Pubis: Normal, Cost of Surgery?

Im 16 im 5'8 and 160 and i have an enlarged mons pubis i dont wear like bikinis of anything that shows my body off all of my friends have seen me like half naked like in boy short and a tank they say its normal guys, and girls wont care but i do it makes me so self cautious. How much is it to get it done with out insurance and is it Normal. Because everything else i love its just it puckers and sometimes it looks like i have a penis...HELP

Enlarged mons pubis in teenager

+2

During adolescence fat may deposit in areas such as the mons pubis, and cause an unsightly bulging. This may be corrected with liposuction of the area. Since you are a minor, you will need to have a parent or guardian present for any consultation or procedure performed by a plastic surgeon.

Treatment of large mons pubis

+2

If there are enough functional problems, it will be covered by insurance. It seems that you may be a candidate for Liposuction of the area alone or lift of the area. It would depend on the degree of excessive skin and ratio of excess fat to the excess skin. A good examination can give you the answer immediately.
Hope this was helpful.

Enlarged mons pubis

+2
This can be normal and can respond to liposuction. If you and your parent/guardian consent after a surgeon consults with you, you could see flattening. The liposuction could cost a few thousand dollars depending on the geographical area.

Click link below for PICTURE: treatment of large fatty mons pubis

+2

You could potentially have this treated with liposuction and/or a mons pubis lift for excessive or redundant skin. Because this is not a functional condition, it is unlikely to be covered by insurance.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/chicago-photo-gallery/1866-labiaplasty

Enlarged Mons Pubis

+2

Liposuction or excisional surgery can address this issue. seek 3 boarded PS in your area. Fees range from $2,000 to $5,000. From MIAMI DR. B

Mons Pubis Surgery?

+1

It is not unusual for the pubic area to be an area of concern. This area may be large ( prominent) , ptotic (low), or deflated.    How to best address your specific concerns will depend on physical examination. Generally, treatment will involve excision of excess/ ptopic skin plus or minus liposuctioning.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Mons pubis fullness

+1

The mons pubis is an area that can accumulate fatty tissue. This may be treated with liposuction, of course as a minor you would need parental approval.

Liposuction reduces a large mons pubis

+1

The mons area which is just at the level of the pubic bone can change with puberty and will accumulate more fat. The amount of fat can be a concern and other too have expressed anxiety about feeling like a boy in this area, especially when they lie down at the pool or beach. We commonly use ultrasonic liposuction through the belly button to avoid a scar to reduce the fat and prominence. The procedure works very well to reduce the size and the embarrassment.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/liposuction

Enlarged Mons Pubis

+1

Without a photograph it is impossible to specifically comment on your particular situation. In general, this area can be nicely flattened with Liposuction. However, if associated with sagging a short C-section like incision may be used to lift the Mons as well.

Dr. Aldea

Liposuction makes a big difference for fatty mons pubis.

+1

Fatty mons pubis does very well with liposuction under local anesthesia for about $2500.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon