Teenager with Enlarged Mons Pubis: Normal, Cost of Surgery?

Im 16 im 5'8 and 160 and i have an enlarged mons pubis i dont wear like bikinis of anything that shows my body off all of my friends have seen me like half naked like in boy short and a tank they say its normal guys, and girls wont care but i do it makes me so self cautious. How much is it to get it done with out insurance and is it Normal. Because everything else i love its just it puckers and sometimes it looks like i have a penis...HELP

Click link below for PICTURE: treatment of large fatty mons pubis

You could potentially have this treated with liposuction and/or a mons pubis lift for excessive or redundant skin. Because this is not a functional condition, it is unlikely to be covered by insurance.

Enlarged mons pubis

This can be normal and can respond to liposuction. If you and your parent/guardian consent after a surgeon consults with you, you could see flattening. The liposuction could cost a few thousand dollars depending on the geographical area.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction makes a big difference for fatty mons pubis.

Fatty mons pubis does very well with liposuction under local anesthesia for about $2500.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Enlarged Mons Pubis

Liposuction or excisional surgery can address this issue. seek 3 boarded PS in your area. Fees range from $2,000 to $5,000. From MIAMI DR. B

In the midwest, $2700-$3600.

Fat accumulation in the pubic region is a normal finding in some women and can definitely be helped with liposuction.Liposuction costs vary and are dependent upon multiple factors.These include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges, location of the liposuction procedure and type of liposuction performed.The approach to liposuction varies from physician to physician.Some surgeons use general anesthesia, some use a hospital, and some use techniques that involve expensive technology.Each of these variables can affect the cost of liposuction.

In the Midwestern United States, where I practice, liposuction fees range from $2700 to $3600 per anatomic area.This would typically include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charges and after care.

Cost is obviously important, but it’s important to be comfortable with the surgeon’s qualifications and experience.Make sure you get all your questions answered and are comfortable with your surgeon before proceeding.

Mons Pubis Surgery?

It is not unusual for the pubic area to be an area of concern. This area may be large ( prominent) , ptotic (low), or deflated.    How to best address your specific concerns will depend on physical examination. Generally, treatment will involve excision of excess/ ptopic skin plus or minus liposuctioning.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Mons pubis fullness

The mons pubis is an area that can accumulate fatty tissue. This may be treated with liposuction, of course as a minor you would need parental approval.

Enlarged mons pubis in teenager

During adolescence fat may deposit in areas such as the mons pubis, and cause an unsightly bulging. This may be corrected with liposuction of the area. Since you are a minor, you will need to have a parent or guardian present for any consultation or procedure performed by a plastic surgeon.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Liposuction reduces a large mons pubis

The mons area which is just at the level of the pubic bone can change with puberty and will accumulate more fat. The amount of fat can be a concern and other too have expressed anxiety about feeling like a boy in this area, especially when they lie down at the pool or beach. We commonly use ultrasonic liposuction through the belly button to avoid a scar to reduce the fat and prominence. The procedure works very well to reduce the size and the embarrassment.

Treatment of large mons pubis

If there are enough functional problems, it will be covered by insurance. It seems that you may be a candidate for Liposuction of the area alone or lift of the area. It would depend on the degree of excessive skin and ratio of excess fat to the excess skin. A good examination can give you the answer immediately.
Hope this was helpful.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS