Can Dysport Keep You Awake at Night?

I've had 16 units injected around the eyes today at 10.30am. It is now 2.30am and I can't seem to get to sleep. I don't normally have insomnia, so was wondering if Dysport is related to my sleeplessness. Thanks.

Dysport and Insomnia

+1

Insomnia is not a side effect associated with Dysport. If this was your first injection with a neurotoxin, it could be the anxiety or stress related to the treatment keeping you awake. Common side effects of Dysport are bruising, swelling, and pain near the injection site. Rest assured it is not the Dysport keeping you awake (pun intended!)

Is Dysport Causing My Insomnia?

+1

Dysport should not cause insomnia.  It sounds like you may have some anxiety or other things going on that are causing you not to sleep.  Hopefully these issues will resolve and you can get some sleep.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/face-and-skin/injectables

Dysport

+1

Dysport should not have any affect on sleeping or lead to insomnia.  You may be experiencing some anxiety that may be leading to your inability to fall asleep.

Insomnia after Dysport injection

+1

Having been treated with Dypsort to the eye area, or any other area for that matter, will not lead to insomnia.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Dysport keep you awake at night?

+1

Insomnia or the inability to fall asleep at night is is no way related to treatment with Dysport. In general, Dysport may result in the following side effects:

1) Swelling
2) Light bruising
3) Redness
4) Tenderness around the injection site

Is there currently any stress in your life? Are you experiencing anxiety? Was there a change in your diet or did you have a large amount of caffeine? These are all things that may lead to insomnia, and I would think about anything else in your routine that may have led to your inability to fall asleep. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/non-surgical-procedure/botox-dysport-and-xeomin/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Dysport keep patients awake?

+1

Dysport does not cause insomnia. I am assuming you had six injections around the crows feet areas. This meens a little over 3 units per injection? it seems to be very low dose. let us know the results.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Dysport will not cause insomnia

+1

The only way Dysport will keep you up at night, is if you stay awake thinking about how good you are going to look. It does not cause insomnia.

Dysport Side Effects

+1

Dysport is an extremely safe treatment for Crow's feet wrinkles and other wrinkles around the eyes and face.  The amount you had is very small and I wouldn't expect it to have any side effects--especially not insomnia.  

My typical dosage for Crow's feet is 68 units (34 per side).  The most common side effect is bruising.  To my knowledge, insomnia has never been a reported side effect of Dysport.  Though anything is possible, it is much more likely that you can't sleep due to some other factor in your life (like stress).

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport and sleeplessness

+1

16 units is an extremely small dosage, first off. Second, no, there is absolutely no causation between your Dysport treatment and your sleeplessness. 100% unrelated.