Had Dysport Injected a Week Ago in my Forehead but my Eyebrows Got Raised in a Way I Have Permanent Wrinkles over Them? (photo)

Can I get extra shots to correct this ugly looking? How many units of dysport should be used to treat the glabella and the forehead?

Dsyport and Forehead Wrinkles

+1

The answer to this question is complicated. Yes, you can get additional units of Dysport injected above your eyebrow in the forehead muscle (frontalis) to correct the lines you are seeing now. That’s the good news, the bad news is you run the risk of dropping the level of your eyebrows when treating that close to the brow. From the look of it, the injector purposely left function above your brow so you have the ability to raise your eyebrows. At your next treatment, ask to retain more function across the lower aspect of your forehead. This will give you a more natural look, while retaining the position of your brows.

Need More Dysport...

+1

Follow up with your provider for a possible touch up. 

Dr. Grant Stevens            Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/plastic_surgery/dysport.cfm

Abnormal Wrinkles

+1

It appears that you have had too much Dysport centrally without any regard for the lateral aspects of the forehead.  I prefer to use Botox and Dysport conservatively in the central forehead and use small amounts laterally as well.  This allows for a natural,  but smooth appearing forehead without the unnatural wrinkles above the brow laterally.  Too much product placed laterally will make the brow drop and give a undesired result.  I would return to your injector and express your concerns so that it may be remedied appropriately.  Best Regards,

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Face Muscle Balancing Critical To Excellent Dysport Results

+1

The injection of neuro-modulators like dysport looks deceptively simple, but skill and techqnique are required to get an excellent result.  A good result means softening of your wrinkles, good balance of the muscles of facial expression so that you do not have a peaked brow, deeper isolated wrinkles, brow drooping, or eyelid drooping.  In your case, the frontalis muscle was overblocked centrally and not at all laterally making the lateral wrinkles more obvious.  A touch of dysport laterally will soften these lines.  You do not want them completely corrected as it will drop your eyebrows and make your eyes look tired.  Express your concerns to your injector and ask for correction.  Dysport is a great product in the hands of a skilled injector. 

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

New wrinkles

+1

First--to reassure--this will resolve as the effects of your treatment wear off. You won't get permanent wrinkles.

Some conservative treatment with botox/dyport can help with the appearance for now. Whenever I don't achieve the expected or ideal result with my patients, I do my best to fix the problem for free, and explain exactly what's going on. If you initially saw a plastic surgeon who you think is experienced, go back to her or him and they should be able to help improve the current look. If you get the sense this was due to injector inexperience, consult someone who can do better.

Dealing with complications--our own and those of other physicians-- is one of the more challenging parts of being a surgeon. It's also one of the most important.

Best and Happy New Year.

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

How to Correct an Overtreated Forehead

+1

Thank you for your question.  It appears that quite a bit of Dysport was used to smooth your forehead.  The only area which appears not to have been treated is the area above your outer eyebrow.  When Dysport or Botox are injected into the forehead, the muscles in the area  of injection are paralyzed.  The outer brow tends to lift upwards giving a more dramatic arch.  In your situation, your outer brow wrinkles can be softened with a tiny dose of Dysport into each brow area.  Your doctor should consider a very tiny dose, because if too much is injected, your outer brows will fall.  I would also suggest speaking to your doctor and see what he/she feels.  Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.drbresnick.com/

Raised eyebrows after Dysport treatment

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you experienced following Dysport treatment. In general, side effects from Dysport injections can include the following:

1) Bruising
2) Headaches
3) Eyelid ptosis
4) An expressionless appearance - (if too much is injected, or the injections are not performed properly)
5) Minor swelling

Duration and onset of side effects can vary from patient to patient, but generally will subside following a over a few weeks to months.

In addition to these side effects, the brow can be elevated. You can have another treatment to help fix your issue. In your particular case, about 5 units of Dysport can help relax the brow to a normal position. It is important you choose an experienced injector for this, as you do not want the injections to be overdone. This may cause brow or eyelid ptosis to take place, and leave you with an entirely new problem. I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/non-surgical-procedure/botox-dysport-and-xeomin/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport

+1

This can be a common occurrence with both Botox and Dysport.  Often times a conservative treatment just above the active areas can help to soften the area.

Dysport close the eyebrow

+1

Dysport is tricky to use close to the brow. The usual concern is the dropping down of the brow called 'brow ptosis' which does not look good and eye feel heavy. To avoid this situation doctors put the dyport higher up in the forehead but not close to the eyebrows. If a person is young then Dysport can be injected even close to the eyebrows.

Typical dose for me is Glabella 60units, Forehead 60units. If I am concerned about eyebrows dropping down then I use only 30units in the forehead and spread it evenly.

You need 10units of Dysport close to each brow and it will fix your problem.

Best regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prominent eyebrow wrinkles after Dysport injection

+1

It's not uncommon to have increased prominence of wrinkles directly above your eyebrows after Botox/Dysport, especially when you have a hyperactive frontalis muscle (muscle that raises your eyebrows).  Your injector was careful to leave some movement of your eyebrows to avoid brow ptosis (droopiness).  2.5 - 5 u of Dysport injected at the peak of the wrinkles should improve the appearance of those wrinkles tremendously while maintaining an attractive brow position.