Droopy eyelid and hard sore lump on eyebrow after botox

I had botox 4 weeks ago. About a week later my left eyelid started to droop. A week later nurse injected more into crows feet area but didn't help. A week ago I got a hard ref lump in middle of eyebrow and really puffy eyelid. It eased off but days later has returned. This along with the closing eye is very embarrassing is there anything I can do?

Need to see another Botox provider

+2

It doesn't sound like they know what they are doing or that you are getting the real Botox.  If you indeed have eyelid droop (not eyebrow droop), injecting further Botox would not have helped.  The lump is also unusual.  Eyelid droop is extremely rare and related to poor placement of the Botox.  

Droopy eyelid and bump in eyebrow after repeated Botox injection...

+1
I am unsure if you have an eye-BROW droop or an eye-LID droop -- it is difficult to improve an eye-LID droop by injecting the crow's feet.  That location can typically only improve an eye-BROW droop...

Good news is that this is temporary and will improve with time... 

The droopy eye-LID can be treated with Apraclonidine eye drops that may raise your eyelid up to 2mm. Be sure your prescribing physician discusses all the potential side-effects of the drops, such as "adrenaline-like" symptoms like anxiety or heart pounding; you may also experience eye irritation, eye dryness, and eye pain, amongst other symptoms. If these symptoms occur, you will likely need to take some lubricating eye drops, lower the dose, switch the eye-drops, or stop the drops altogether...

My overall recommendations would be to seek the services of an experienced physician injector.

I think the key with Botox lies in truly understanding the anatomy of the injected area, and more importantly the variability in the anatomy between patients -- for brows, the forehead, and anywhere else you plan on receiving a Botox injection. This includes having a firm understanding of the origin, insertion, and action of each muscle that will be injected, the thickness of each muscle targeted, and the patient variability therein. As an aesthetic-trained plastic surgeon, I am intrinsically biased since I operate in the area for browlifts and facelifts, and have a unique perspective to the muscle anatomy since I commonly dissect under the skin and see the actual muscles themselves. For me, this helps guide where to inject and where not to. However, with that said, I know many Dermatologists who know the anatomy well despite not operating in that area, and get great results.

Good luck.

Mark K. Markarian, MD, MSPH
Chestnut Hill Plastic Surgeon