Can I have Botox injections if I have CIDP?

I have an autoimmume disorder (chronic inflammtory demileninating Polyneuropathy or CIDP). Is it Ok to receive injections of Botox?

Botox if you have CIDP

+1

Neither I nor many people have likely provided a patient with CIDP with cosmetic Botox treatments. That said, it is not contraindicated specifically in the product monograph, but best to call Allergan (manufacturer) to check. You could consider a small injection amount to see how you react to start.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and autoimmune problems

+1

I do not know if there is any contraindication to your receiving Botox.   I suspect there is not.  I suggest you call the Allergen Botox Hotine for the answer.  In addition ask the MD prescribing  and diagnosing your illness  for an opinion.  Best to search about and get a definitive answer.  I also will search around and get the best possible answer for you.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon