When Can One Drink After a Rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty exactly 3 weeks ago today. I'm not in a hurry to drink, but out of curiosity, when can I have alcohol?My birthday is in 4 months and I'd like to drink a few beers. If this is a factor, the type of rhinoplasty I had was a masculinization rhinoplasty with implant for the bridge and tip development.

Drinking 3 weeks post-op

+2

There should not be any problem with moderate drinking a few weeks post-op as long as you are no longer taking narcotic pain medication

3 weeks afterward usually

+1

It's extremely important that patients avoid the use of alcohol before and after surgery since this substance inhibits the recovery process. You should not drink in the three weeks leading up to the nose job operation and for another three weeks afterward. It may be safe for you to drink 4 months after your surgery, but you should ask you surgeon for their advice as they may have different guidelines.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Drinking Alcohol after Surgery

+1

I advise my patients to wait at least one week before consuming alcohol after surgery. After waiting this period of time, drinking in moderation is fine as long as the patient is no longer taking prescription pain medication as well. 

Mark Deutsch, MD

Drinking after rhinoplasty

+1

I  let people drink wine moderately after 1 week. Having worked in Europe and seen their postop regimens it really didn't hurt anything I've ever seen in drinking earlier than in the US..We as plastic surgeons should have genuine evidence before we restrict our patients

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Drinking after Rhinoplasty

+1

I advise my Rhinoplasty to use alcohol in moderation for 1 month after their Rhinoplasty and none for the first week. 

Drinking Alcohol After Rhinoplasty

+1

Three weeks post-op from a rhinoplasty you can drink in moderation and slowly get back to your regular life style.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drinking after Rhinoplasty

+1

In my opinion there should be no problem with having a drink after rhinoplasty.  However I do not recommend any drinking that is not in moderation with or without operation of any kind.  Enjoy your drink.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Alcohol resumption after aesthetic rhinoplasty

+1

If you are three weeks out from your procedure and you are no longer under the influence of pain medication, there should be no harmful effects of consuming alcohol. That being said I would recommend responsible drinking since too much could lead to you accidentally falling and damaging your nose.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty - nose job - alcohol drinking

+1

3 weeks after rhinoplasty or nose job should be a safe time to consume alcoholic beverages.  Depending on the internal lining work done, most things should have completely healed by 2 weeks time.  Enjoy .

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-rhinoplasty alcohol consumption

+1

Usually patients can have moderate cocktails after a few weeks post-surgery.  Certainly by 4 months you should be OK.  Remember that alcohol can cause fluid retention and may exacerbate swelling.