Dot Laser - Does It Kill Sabaceous Glands?

I was told by my dr that the DOT Laser kills the sabaceous glands where the laser acutally contacts the skin. I was also told that it helps to reduce the amount of oil produced and removes acne scarring. Is this an accurage description of the acne benefits of the DOT laser?

Sebaceous glands and fractional co2 laser with DOT Smartxide in Los Angeles

+1

I have a lot of experience with the fractional co2 laser Smartxide and have found it to be very useful for skin rejuvenation and improvement of sebaceous glands.  Although, one must understand that sebaceous glands can recur. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

SmartXide DOT

+1

The SmartXide DOT laser is a carbon dioxide laser and is very successful at treating sebaceous gland overgrowth and in correcting bumps in the skin from sebaceous hyperactivity.  The DOT is an amazing laser and gives the laser surgeon a lot of flexibility.  If you are seeing someone with good experience utilizing fractionated CO2, you should be pleased with the results.

Michael Howard Swann, MD
Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon