How much does Voluma cost?

what is the average price to get voluma for cheeks?

The cost of Voluma will vary based on who is injecting it and how many syringes are being used

Voluma pricing will vary widely.  This product should only be injected by a physician with extensive experience with injectable fillers and not just filling lines and folds but more importantly knowing how to restore lost facial volume.  Voluma is injected deeper than other fillers and a thorough knowledge of facial anatomy is required for optimal results as well as avoiding potential pitfalls and complications.  Remember this product is long and thus a poor outcome can last for many years.  This is currently the going rate when an experienced plastic surgeon.  Physicians charging $ 600 to $ 800 per syringe are not making much of a profit and will have to cut corners.  Yes, you can find it for less but you get what you pay for.

In my practice, which is about 45 min to 1 hour from Manhattan,  I charge $ 1050 for the first syringe and $ 950 for subsequent syringes.  Many of my patients will travel to have liquid face lifts using Voluma and its not unusual to have more than 4 syringes.  We discount heavily additional syringes beyond the fourth, charging only $ 500 per syringe making these liquid lifts affordable.  Its not unusual in Manhattan for physicians to charge upwards of $ 1500 per syringe.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
200 Stony Brook Court, Newburgh, New York
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
Clinical Professor New York Presbyterian Hospital
National Education Faculty (physician trainer) for:
Allergan (Juvederm, Voluma), Valient (Scultpra, Restylane),
Cynosure (Cellulaze, Precision Laser Lift) & Solta (Fraxel, Thermage)

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

The cost of Voluma

The cost of any injectable including Voluma can vary depending on location, experience of the surgeon, technical skill of the surgeon, the amount of product, and the surgeon's aesthetic vision of your face.  If you have severe volume loss, Voluma can be very expensive and probably cost ineffective to use.  However, if you have mild or moderate volume loss, Voluma works and looks great and since it's the softest of the volumizers, it looks the most natural.  In Atlanta, Voluma ranges from $800-1500 depending on the injector and his/her expertise.  

We are all familiar with patients who are overinjected or look odd after injections.  Please do your research and choose your injector wisely.  

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma Pricing

Believe it or not, there is a recommendation that every patient start with four syringes of Voluma. Every patient.  In our practice, we evaluate each person individually, in person, prior to performing a treatment.  Of course some people benefit from four syringes, but not everyone does. For the people are best off with two of three syringes, the cost they are paying is much more than financial, byt getting more produuct that they need, they may be getting a result that doesn't suit them, a result that makes them look over-filled, or odd.  The most expensive practice is not always the best, but keep in mind that Voluma can last for two years. Think of how much that costs every day. Not a lot if you are thrilled with a natural looking result. The cost is tremendous if you see an injector who whofills, or doesn't perform a treatment in a way that lokks natural. 

Let me start by saying never "price shop" for surgery or any aesthetic enhancement with a lasting result. Having said that, Allergan the maker of Voluma offers rebates to the top providers of all their products. The more Voluma used, the more significant the rebates.  Therefore, the top providers will actually pay less for the product than others. Of course there is a premium cost to the practice for very best nurse injectors and a pristine environment. However, the pricing may still be very competitive for the most experienced injectors. 

Keep in mind, nothing will be more expensive than a result that is not performed to your satisfaction. Voluma lasts up to two years. take your time, have a lot of consults, view a lot of photos and do not be pressured into a procedure.  In some practices, too much Voluma is being injected at once. Look for a practice that is conservative. You can start with a smaller amount and add more Voluma at a later time. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Voluma costs

Each practice will charge a slightly different price for Voluma. You will see ranges from $600 -1,000. We charge $800 for first syringe and $700 for each additional syringe.  Cheek augmentation is an advanced technique for filler injection. Make sure you go to somebody that has a tremendous amount of experience in this area as you're making a big investment.

Voluma costs more but lasts longer!

You can expect to pay about 1.5 to 2 times  as much for Voluma as for the other HA fillers. When you think about it, that is a good deal since it lasts twice as long or more in many patients.  The number of syringes used to restore cheek volume is generally 2 to 4 in my experience. More for the very severely volume depleted patient.  

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

It's a $1000

Voluma is unique and specific for upper cheek augmentation. This will typically require 2 syringes, which each cost $1000. 

The Cost of Voluma

Thank you for your question.  The cost of Voluma in the Orlando area ranges from $700 to $900 per syringe on average.  Many practices participate in the Brilliant Distinctions program from Allergan which offers rebates and other promotions for patients.  I charge $800 per syringe and find that most patients will need between 2 to 4 syringes of Voluma for mid-face correction depending on the amount of volume loss present.  I usually administer 2 to 3 syringes on the first visit and will bring the patient back in 2 weeks to evaluate the correction and see if any further product is needed for optimal results.  My patients have loved the results of Voluma.  It is a wonderful product for cheek augmentation as the results are immediate and long lasting. Always choose you provider based on his/her experience not based on the price.  Take care and all of the best with your decision.

View the link below to learn more.

Best Regards,
Dr. John Serrao

Voluma Pricing.

The price for one syringe of Voluma can range from $700 - $1500, depending on your region, and the particular practice you are looking at. I would say not to just go by price. Some may say it will vary depending on the expertise of the injector, but I would not recommend having fillers done if not at the hand of someone who comes highly recommended. It is easy to perform injections, but to recreate a young look that is both symmetric and natural looking is not something that you will find everywhere. If possible I would also recommend to consult either a Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon, they will often have extensive experience and knowledge of facial anatomy and aesthetic skills.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma - cost depends on a number of factors

The cost of voluma will depend on:
1) how many syringes you need (can vary from 1 syringe to 6 syringes)
2) the experience of the injector 
3) the location (think NYC versus a small town)

Even more important than the product (eg Voluma versus Restylane Lyft) is the skill of the injector.  Realize that injecting is an art, and it requires a good eye, a substantial knowledge base, an ability to communicate, and a trained hand.  A good injector will be able to evaluate your face, and let you know what procedures will work the best to enhance your natural features.   A good injector will also be able to take you through any complications.

I encourage you to consider paying a premium for an experienced injector, just as you are willing to pay a premium for a really good haircut.

Voluma Cost

The price will vary depending on the area and injector.  Our practice charges $850/syringe.  The amount needed for correction is patient dependent and it is best to consult with a physician for this recommendation.  I understand that patients look around at pricing, but the most important factor is to find a skilled injector to perform the treatment.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon