How much does Voluma cost?

what is the average price to get voluma for cheeks?

Voluma Pricing - The Top Docs MAY have great prices

+7
Let me start by saying never "price shop" for surgery or any aesthetic enhancement with a lasting result. Having said that, Allergan the maker of Voluma offers rebates to the top providers of all their products. The more Voluma used, the more significant the rebates.  Therefore, the top providers will actually pay less for the product than others. Of course there is a premium cost to the practice for very best nurse injectors and a pristine environment. However, the pricing may still be very competitive for the most experienced injectors. 

Keep in mind, nothing will be more expensive than a result that is not performed to your satisfaction. Voluma lasts up to two years. take your time, have a lot of consults, view a lot of photos and do not be pressured into a procedure.  In some practices, too much Voluma is being injected at once. Look for a practice that is conservative. You can start with a smaller amount and add more Voluma at a later time. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

The cost of Voluma will vary based on who is injecting it and how many syringes are being used

+2
Voluma pricing will vary widely.  This product should only be injected by a physician with extensive experience with injectable fillers and not just filling lines and folds but more importantly knowing how to restore lost facial volume.  Voluma is injected deeper than other fillers and a thorough knowledge of facial anatomy is required for optimal results as well as avoiding potential pitfalls and complications.  Remember this product is long and thus a poor outcome can last for many years.  This is currently the going rate when an experienced plastic surgeon.  Physicians charging $ 600 to $ 800 per syringe are not making much of a profit and will have to cut corners.  Yes, you can find it for less but you get what you pay for.

In my practice, which is about 45 min to 1 hour from Manhattan,  I charge $ 1050 for the first syringe and $ 950 for subsequent syringes.  Many of my patients will travel to have liquid face lifts using Voluma and its not unusual to have more than 4 syringes.  We discount heavily additional syringes beyond the fourth, charging only $ 500 per syringe making these liquid lifts affordable.  Its not unusual in Manhattan for physicians to charge upwards of $ 1500 per syringe.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
200 Stony Brook Court, Newburgh, New York
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
Clinical Professor New York Presbyterian Hospital
National Education Faculty (physician trainer) for:
Allergan (Juvederm, Voluma), Valient (Scultpra, Restylane),
Cynosure (Cellulaze, Precision Laser Lift) & Solta (Fraxel, Thermage)

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

The cost of Voluma

+2
The cost of any injectable including Voluma can vary depending on location, experience of the surgeon, technical skill of the surgeon, the amount of product, and the surgeon's aesthetic vision of your face.  If you have severe volume loss, Voluma can be very expensive and probably cost ineffective to use.  However, if you have mild or moderate volume loss, Voluma works and looks great and since it's the softest of the volumizers, it looks the most natural.  In Atlanta, Voluma ranges from $800-1500 depending on the injector and his/her expertise.  

We are all familiar with patients who are overinjected or look odd after injections.  Please do your research and choose your injector wisely.  

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma costs

+2
Each practice will charge a slightly different price for Voluma. You will see ranges from $600 -1,000. We charge $800 for first syringe and $700 for each additional syringe.  Cheek augmentation is an advanced technique for filler injection. Make sure you go to somebody that has a tremendous amount of experience in this area as you're making a big investment.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

It's a $1000

+2
Voluma is unique and specific for upper cheek augmentation. This will typically require 2 syringes, which each cost $1000. 

Jonathan Kaplan, MD, MPH

Cost of Juvederm Voluma

+1
Thank you for your question. In my San Francisco practice, a syringe of Juvederm Voluma is $1,250. It’s quickly becoming a favorite with my patients who enjoy the long-lasting, natural results. Juvederm Voluma is the longest lasting hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler currently available with results lasting as long as 2 years. Because it’s a HA dermal filler, the results are reversible giving patients options and control with their treatment. You can find more information about Juvederm by watching my latest video. We’ve highlighted a few patients with contour and correction using Juvederm Voluma.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What should I pay for Voluma?

+1
This is a difficult to question to answer as there is significant variability amongst all injectors, especially in Boston and its surrounding areas.  Voluma is the newest filler manufactured by Allergan, and its retail price is relatively fixed despite the individual injector's use of other Allergan products.  While the physician may get "deals" on other products if he/she is an extensive user of Allergan, I know of no deals given to physicians on Voluma itself. 

With that said, the more important question now becomes who should inject your Voluma? 

Voluma is the only filler that is FDA-approved for cheek augmentation, and is a great product.  However, it can still be misplaced and have significant consequences, including overfilling, infection, and migration of product into undesired areas.  I would always make sure your surgeon or dermatologist has significant experience with Voluma, and ask for before-and-after pictures.  As Voluma is a new filler manufactured by Allergan, most injectors' experiences are limited. I would seek out an aesthetic-trained plastic surgeon in your area who has extensive experience with injecting cheek fillers and typically performs many facial surgeries, as he/she is thus more likely to be familiar with the anatomy in that area, which can be variable even from one side of the face to the other. I would also ask for a plastic surgeon who took the Allergan Expert Hands-on training course specific for Voluma injection.

Good luck.

Mark K. Markarian, MD, MSPH
Chestnut Hill Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and Price

+1
Voluma and price depends on the skill and experience of the injector.  The most important question is the doctor's training and years of experience and injecting technique.  Many physicians who are inexperienced overfill the area.  Voluma ia a great instant injection to immediately give you beautiful mid-face lift.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in facial injections for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Voluma Cost in Chicago

+1
Voluma pricing will vary based on the amount of injectables performed at the same time.  Voluma is a different product than Juvederm Ultra Plus and other hyaluronic acid fillers injectables.  It is stated to last up to 2 years based on a recent study.  

The cost of Juvederm Voluma ranges from $800 to $1000 in the Chicago area.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much does Voluma cost?

+1
The short answer is on average $750.00 to $1,000 and this depends greatly on where you are and how many syringes are used (often there is a multiple syringe discount). That being said, don't try to price shop for any filler or surgical treatment. Voluma injections, in particular, are very "technical" and if injected in the correct place and with the correct technique powerful correction can be obtained with small volumes of product.
Be sure to consult with an experienced injector to get the biggest effect for your money. A good injector chooses filler as an artist a brush. Each filler is chosen to achieve a particular effect and many are used together to achieve a beautiful AND NATURAL result. Best wishes. 

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon