Does Swimming in a Pool Cause Dry Skin?

What can I do to reduce skin dryness from chlorine in a pool? I swim three or four times a week and I think it dries my skin out really bad.

Swimming pools are a very common cause of dry skin

+1

The necessary chlorine in pools is a frequent cause of dry skin for swimmers. There are a few steps that can be done to try to reduce this problem. Whenever showering, use a mild soap such as Dove Body Wash. Only use your hands to wash your skin. Never use anything abrasive to exfoliate your skin. Always apply a moisteurizer to your skin after showering. If you had extremely dry skin secondary to the swimming pool, you could always consider applying a strong emollient to your skin before swimming such as Aquaphor or even Vaseline.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon