Cellulite Creams - What Works, What Doesn't?

I've heard that cellulite treatment creams with ingredients like caffeine, ginseng, coffeeberry, etc. really do make your cellulite look better, but I'd like to know which ones work the best (or at all) before I invest in a whole jar.

None work

+2

Save your money here, none of these work at all...

Creams don't work for cellulite

+2

Creams don't work for cellulite. Some may contain products that cause some temporary irritation which causes some swelling and some very temporary reduction in the appearance of cellulite.

The best treatment for cellulite is Endermologie. Nothing is permanent but Endermologie has a long track record of being effective. After a baseline series of treatments, that do not hurt, maintenance requires 2 or 3 treatments yearly.

The person administering the treatment is very important. Make sure the Therapist is properly trained and has good experience. Ask for references.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD

Best option is Cellulaze

+1

Unfortunately there are no creams that can get rid of cellulite. The best option is Cellulaze; this is a minimally invasive procedure that fights cellulite from under the skin. This method promotes skin thickening and tightening.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, no cream will reduce your cellulite for more than a short period of time. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Topical treatments

+1

Short answer - creams don't work!  There is no evidence support the role of topical creams for the treatment of cellulite.  There is however published evidence and clincial experience support the role of Cellulaze.

Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Effective cellulite treatment

+1

Unfortunately, there are no effective creams to treat cellulite.  If you are serious about cellulite treatment, I recommend you consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulite creams

+1

In short...they dont work. The only FDA approved device on the market for cellulite removeal is cellulaze. It may be worth checking into.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Cellulite creams....save your money!!!

+1

I have never seen cellulite creams work.  Endermologie or massage works temporarily because your tissue gets swollen and hides the bumpy areas.

If cellulite gets worse and it will as a person ages if you have a propensity for it some of the body lifting procedures can really help prevent eliminate and reduce the areas of cellulite.

Unfortunately it is often hereditary.

Good Luck to you

Dr. Kimberly Henry

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite creams don't wwork--period.

+1

Cellulite creams don't work. I can't even think of a mechanism whereby they could possible work. Don't waste your money. As a matter of fact, there is really nothing that works well for cellulite.

Cellulite Treatment Creams Don't Work

+1

If you are hoping to eliminate cellulite with a cream you will most likely be disappointed.

Caffeine, Retinol and Antioxidants are common ingredients in many of the creams, and will only temporarily improve the skin tone and texture, but don't really do anything to improve the cause of the cellulite appearance.

Since creams are applied topically it is not possible for the ingredients to penetrate deep enough through the skin to actually treat the fat that causes the dimpled appearance.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS