What is the Difference in Effectiveness of TCA Peel (30-35%) to a Vi Peel?

Is one more effective than the other? I was told the Vi peel was medium depth but I am hesitant to believe that. I had it done about 10 days ago and the process was not too far off from other superficial peels I have had in the past like vitilize peel, PCA peel, etc. I wanted to rid myself of small lentigos and remove damage below the surface before it manifested itself to kind of give myself a fresh start, so to speak.

The Vi Peel is not a Vitalize Peel

+1
The Vi peel (Vitality Insitute) is a light to medium, phenol-based, chemical peel. It treats the full thickness of the epidermis, plus (possibly) a little dermis. I would expect improvement mostly in brown spots. The TCA peel treats even some mid dermis, and improves superficial lines as well.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

TCA or Vi Peel?

+1

By Vi peel I assume you mean a Vitalize peel which is a superficial peel of the retinoic acid variety. A TCA peel will be deeper, and you will receive more benefit from it. However, recovery can be longer, whereas there is little to no recovery with a superficial peel.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

TCA is a deeper peel

+1

You will get a more effective result with a properly applied TCA peel.  This peel penetrates to the superficial dermis.