Does Dermapen work for under eye wrinkles or is Fraxel better?

I was turned away from my appt. to have the Dermapen procedure saying it would only make my eyes look refreshed. She told me that Fraxel would be better but I was hopeful for the Dermapen procedure because no downtime and its affordable. When I look at Dermapens site they claim this gets rid of under eye wrinkles but at what cost? What is the real story and reviews of Dermapen? I have read some terrible blogs about the $$ they have spent with terrible results. I'm desperate to find answers.

Micro-needling vs Fraxel for under eye wrinkles

+2

Medical micro-needling, when properly done and combined with effective skin care products such as human growth-factor serums, has been shown to give as good or better results than laser or Fraxel treatments. And at a fraction of the cost! Compared to fractionated laser treatments, micro-needling not only spares the epidermis, it strengthens it. The key to micro-needling is the healing response that this process stimulates. The keratinocyte is responsible for releasing several key growth factors that orchestrate underlying cell turnover to facilitate ideal skin rejuvenation. Repeated "stimulation" of healthy keratinocytes leads to release of growth factors and cytokines that
optimize cell-to-cell communication between keratinocytes, melanocytes, and fibroblasts. When these signals are boosted, fibroblasts differentiate to form normal collagen and greater amounts of hyaluronic acid. The result is thicker, healthier looking skin.

In my office, we combine motorized micro-needling using the RejuvaStamp
micro-needling machine with a growth factor serum made from human stem cells
and we have been getting excellent results for under eye wrinkles.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Dermapen Treatments

+1
The Dermapen treatment creates micro “injuries” in the skin which triggers new collagen synthesis. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin. In my office we use this procedure around the eyes and the entire face to improve tone, texture, color and glow. The Fraxel is also an excellent choice that uses micro “injuries” to trigger new collagen synthesis, between those two procedures the Fraxel is more powerful and would yield you a better result. Either option will give you improvement however both options would probably need multiple treatments for best results. Your Board Certified Dermatologist would know which treatment would be most effective for your specific concern.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon