What Can I Do to Decrease Numbness and Tingling Sensations Following Chin Liposuction?

Numbness and tingling sensations following chin liposuction

This is something that should improve with time, and there is not much that can be done in the meantime. I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon, so he/she may examine you if necessary. Thank you, and best of luck with your recovery. 

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Numbness post liposuction

Without seeing you it's not possible to decide why you have these symptoms

Most likely they will improve over several months

Discuss this with the physician who performed your procedure

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

33 Overlook Road
Summit, NJ 07901

Numbness & tingling after chin liposuction

There is no quick fix for numbness or tingling after chin liposuction.  These sensations should go away with time as the responsible injured nerves repair themselves over weeks to months.  

Robert Strimling, MD

10105 Banburry Cross Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89144

I would disagree that it is "normal" to have sensory changes after chin liposuction.

However, it is common enough.  In my patients, less than 5% of patients report this type of abnormal sensation.  It is in my consent that this is a possibility.  The good news is that generally sensory changes resolve with time.  Rarely there may be a small area of residual paraesthesia, which is the abnormal sensory changes you are describing.  There is no way to really speed up this healing process.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Numbness and Tingling After Chin Lipo

It is normal to feel a sense of numbness afte liposuction of the chin (no matter what type of method of lipo is used) ... liposuction "injures" the nerve endings in the skin a little bit as a result of the manipulation to collect fat.  The tingling is often evidence that the new fibrils are regenerating themselves.  Not to worry -- usually the numbing and tingling resolves and you will have normal sensation.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

625 Park Ave
New York City, NY 10065