After Having Chin Liposuction, Where Will the Incisions Leave Visible Scars?

Chin and neck liposuction incisions

+1

Small skin incisions are well hidden and rarely noticeable after tumescent liposuction for the chin and neck areas. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/face/53/chin-and-neck-lipo.aspx

Virtually Undetectable

+1

Because the skin incisions are so small, they do not require stiches after the procedure. So they are virtually undectectable after healing.

Chin liposuction scars

+1

I place the incision under the chin and it is quite small. The scarring is minimal and this area heals quite well. I would never say that a surgery will not leave a scar but the result greatly outweighs any scarring concerns.

Chin Liposuction and Scars

+1

In chin liposuction, I usually make a very small incision just behind and under the chin.  Sometimes two tiny incisions are also made where the earlobe joins the face.  These scars usually heal very nicely and cannot be seen.

Are scars from chin liposuction visible?

+1

The very small incision for chin liposuction is placed in the natural crease under the chin and is almost never noticeable after healing. Two other very small incisions are placed by the earlobes and these also heal so well that they are not apparent after healing. A concern for scarring shouldn't be a reason to hesitate about chin liposuction. 

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Visible scars ?

+1

No surgery is without scars!

Having said that Plastic Surgeons tend to hide scars that they are not readily visible.

I tend to do chin/neck liposuction through small incisions behind the earlobes and in the fold underneath your chin. Once the scars have fully matured (6-8 months) it should be very difficult to see them.

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

After Having Chin Liposuction, Where Will the Incisions Leave Visible Scars? Answer:

+1

In most cases just a small stab incision under the chin where most of us already have a casr from crashing our bikes!! I usually close it with just one small stitch. And for the most part, patients LOVE the reults of chin/neck liposuction...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

To minimize visible scarring in facial liposuction, I prefer a small 1mm punch over the "stab inscision" with the 11 blade which tends to cause a linear depressed scar.

Best of luck to you

Dr. Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

Typically there is no visible scar

+1
A small incision is made under the chin in the natural crease line. I use a very small canula for the liposuction and the incision heals well with no visible scar. Depending on the patient and degree of liposculpture that is needed you may need two smaller incisions which are hidden behind the earlobe and typically are not visible as well. Many patients already have a small line, crease, or previous scar under the chin. Chin liposuction will provide wonderful results with minimal downtime and excellent healing. I use a digital imaging computer during the consulting phase which will allow the patient to see what the proposed results are prior to surgery. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Generally there are no visible scars.

+1
Chin or submental liposuction can be accomplished through a 3 mm incision that is made in the submental crease. This tiny incision heals to be a very inconspicuous scar. Commonly two additional incisions the same size are also made. These are place behind the ear lobes and are used to sculpt the neck and the lower face when indicated.

Web reference: Http://www.lidlift.com