Is It Possible To Reverse An Overly Corrected Nose Tip?

I recently had a revision rhinoplasty and am very unhappy with the results. it has been 8 weeks. I had asked for the tip to be lifted a little and now have no tip at all. I am so very unhappy how my nose is upturned as well, when it naturally points downward. The doctor took out a graft. Can it be added back? Can I get my "hang" back on the tip as well?

Reversing an "Overly Corrected" Nasal Tip

+1

All the changes you talk about can be done, but it is impossible to make any suggestions without seeing your nose. You are only 8 weeks post op; therefore, It is necessary to wait at least 6 months before evaluating your result.

Revision of tip

+1
I'm sorry you are unhappy but am a little confused about what your goal/problem was. You mention waiting your tip lifted but are asking for your "hang" back. Is the nose tip to rotated now? If so that may still be swelling. Certainly thngs can be done but the most important problem to solve is deciding what you truly will be happy with and getting on the same page as your surgeon. Computer imaging may be helpful to you with this.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversing upturned tip

+1

It's hard to say (without seeing your nose) what could be done to improve your nasal appearance. There are ways of correcting an overly upturned nose; this typically involves cartilage grafting using septal, ear or rib cartilage.

To see what could be done I'd visit with an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your options. You'd probably need to wait to allow your nose to heal and the scarring to soften before having any further surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD