Which Area Hurts More After Having Liposuction? Abdomen or Hips and Flanks?

I've already had my abdomen laser lipo'ed a month ago. Now I'm going in for Hips/thighs and flanks. Will they hurt more or less than the abdomen?

The pain of Liposuction

+2

Areas that are dynamic and move are more often painful. This means the legs and arms are less painful than the abdomen

Jeremy Hunt

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+2

Hello

The abdomen is not usually painful however the hips, thighs and flanks will be a little more painful.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Does flank liposuction hurt more than abdomen?

+2

Everyone handles pain differently.  Abdominal liposuction is not a very painful procedure.  It is possible that you may experience more pain from the flanks and hips, particularly when you turn or "torque" your body  but, as you should know from the first procedure, this can be well covered by oral pain medication and will dissipate within a few days.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Thigh and Flank Liposuction Hurts Worse Than Abdominal Liposuction

+2

Most likely this round of liposuction will hurt worse than when just the abdomen was done. The total surface area of the hips/thighs/flanks treated is bigger and the flanks alone are always worse than the abdomen due to movement of the area.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+2

This varies alot from patient to patient. Among by patients who have had all three areas treated, most feel the hips and thighs are worse,, not necessarily at rest but when walking. 

All the best. 

Which area hurts the most with liposuction?

+1

Keeping in mind that everyone is different and has different pain tolerance levels, most of my patients say that hips/flanks and thighs hurt the most.  Movement, such as walking or the rubbing when getting into a car, can smart.  Just keep on top of your pain medication and you will be just fine.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pain varies a lot

+1

pain can vary from a person to another and can vary too from a surgery to another in the same patient, no area is suposed to hurt more than another. pain is a new unknown experience in every cosmetic procedures

Ramon Sabala, MD

Sore areas after liposuction

+1

I usually find that the posterior hips are the most sensitive after liposuction.  The skin may be thicker in this zone and this where blood tends to accumulate.