3 Days After Dysport and No Change to 11 Lines Although Forehead Lines Seem to Be Going

the forehead lines seem to be going slowly from hairline working way down the middle of head, still visable on the outside of forehead but nothing at all to 11 lines between eyebrows is this normal? its my first time and worried i have wasted my money??

Dysport

+1

I recommend that you wait 1-2 weeks to see the results of Dysport.  Three days is too early to see the effects of Dysport or Botox.  

No effect 3 days after Dysport injection

+1

too soon to tell, in general, but it is also dose related. Too little of a dose will mute the effect. Also, understand that Dysport or Botox treat animation lines. If you had the 11's while at rest with no facial muscle activity, then you likely will not see it get better. In that case Dysport to stabilize the wrinkle and a filler to fill in the lines would be needed.

Julio Garcia, MD

It may take up to a week to see full results

+1

It has only been a few days, you should be patient as it can take up to a week to see full results.  Good luck!

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I would recommend a combination of Restylane and Dysport for your first treatment.

+1

When you have a treatment with Dysport it is like hanging wrinkled slacks in a steamy shower.  The wrinkles will usually come out as the skin relaxes, but it may take weeks or months.  This is especially true if the wrinkles are moderate or severe.  If you have both Dysport and a filler like restylane or Perlane at the same time, you will have instant improvement.  Usually you can maintain the improvement by getting Dysport every three to four months before the muscle wake up and cause more wrinkles.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Wait a few more days to see final results

+1

Please wait a few more days to see the final results, and don't worry it will kick in!  Good luck to you

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Time to results with Dysport

+1

Both Botox and Dysport take some time to work. I tell my patients that they need four days to ten days to see results. There is great variability and I am not supprised at your results. Be patient

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Dysport and Botox for 11's wrinkles

+1

Dysport may start to work by 48 hours though the full effect may take up to a week. After two weeks, if you still see significant 11's, you may need a combination of additional botulinum toxin touch-up injection to better manage dynamic component of the wrinkles and/or fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm or Perlane to address static aspect of the wrinkle lines.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Wait at least 10-14 days for your Dysport results

+1

Although you start seeing the results of Dysport in 2-3 days, it may take 10-14 days to see the full effect. Be patient and see your doctor for a followup after two weeks if you still have some lines that bother you.

You may need additional dosing at that time, if the muscles still have some activity. If the muscles are not moving but the lines are still visible, you may need to consider filler or resurfacing techniques.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport in your 11's

+1

Firstly, three days might not be enough time for a final judgement. You need to give it a little more time. Secondly, those deeper creases are often harder to correct and take longer to "iron" out than do lines elsewhere on the face. I give my patients the hem on an old dress analogy. If you let a hem down on a fairly new dress, one washing and ironing will take out the crease line. However, on an older worn dress it might take several trips through the washer and ironings to make that line disappear. If the dress is really worn out it will improve but don't expect it to be perfect.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

3 days after Dysport (or Botox) and forehead lines still there: NOT a waste of money.

+1

Botox and Dysport are a little tricky to understand. Technically they do NOT 'erase' lines at all. What they do is weaken the muscles that are underlying dynamic wrinkles on the face. 'Dynamic wrinkles' are the ones that form when you make an expression or move the muscles. 'Static wrinkles' are always there and have nothing to do with muscles, like the lines seen in the center of an elderly person's cheek.

This is your first time using Dysport, so it's easy to understand why you would expect your frown lines to melt away. But if they have been there for a long time or are a little bit deeper, it will take months of your muscles being weakened before the skin lines can begin to flatten on their own. This is normal. One way to help may be to have your board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon carefully inject a small amount of Restylane or Juvederm under the lines, to help lift them in a more immediate way. Then the Dysport stays in the area to prevent the creases from being folded again with frowning.

If you have a smart and careful physician, you should be in good hands and can achieve the look you want, but it may just take more time than you expected.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH