I am currently a 32A and plan to get 450cc silicone breast implants (high profile) Will these get me to a full C/small D?

I am 22 years old, 5'2" and 110lb. When I tried the 450cc sizers they looked big but have been told that they are actually going to look a little smaller since I am getting them under the muscle as well. I'm not sure if I should go with 500 cc just to be safe? I don't want to look heavy and disproportionate, but I'd hate to wish I would've gone bigger AFTER the surgery!

I m currently a 32A and plan to get 450cc silicone breast implants (high profile) - will these get me to a ful C/small D?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant size

+1
What implant size should I chose is a very commonly asked question and of course very important. In general, size is best be determined during an in person consultation. The factors included in this determination can be chest size, amount of breast tissue initially present, skin elasticity, and of course, a patient’s expectations.
I will say that in general, one year post op, when women are asked if they like their size, do they wish they went larger or smaller, more than 50% of women will wish they went bigger. Just keep this in mind.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Achieving Goals with Breast Augmentation?

+1

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C or small D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

450 cc implants will get you E or F

+1

At size 32 A each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 450 cc implants would take you up 4 1/2 cup sizes to a size E or F but will not fit retro-pectorally, would dislocate inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Cup Size and Implant Volume

+1

Your question is one of the most frequently asked on RealSelf.com. There are many things that could be discussed in detail, but I will simply mention. You need to visit a few expert surgeons that are willing to say 'no' to your requests if they are unreasonable.

First, your height and weight are irrelevant to sizing an implant properly for a woman. Looking 'heavy and disproportionate' are subjective terms, and no one could ever know what that means to you. However, 500 cc implants in someone 5'2'' would put you into that category by my standards.

No one can assure you with reasonable accuracy what size bra you'll be wearing with a given implant size; there are too many variables in the bra garment business and just as many in how your body tissues will react in terms of change in size and shape of your breasts after augmentation. Providing photos of clothed models is a much more useful tool to guide a surgeon.

Implant size should first be prioritized towards your anatomic measurements of your breast and chest. This is known as dimensional planning, and is the most important way to minimize both early and late post operative complications. It is an objective technique that is reproducible. Once the implant dimensions are determined, then the patient's aesthetic goals are factored in, usually affecting a change toward a larger device.

Remember you are young, and you need to think about the long term, not just today.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

450 HP

+1

I would think this is way to big for your frame. It will not look natural. If you want people to stare then 450HP is for you. I agree that you should seek out a few other consultations. If you want a C cup then a 350 MP will get you there for sure and depending on your frame it may be a D. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

That sounds like too much volume

+1

Thanks for your question. Without seeing a picture and measuring your base diameter, it will be hard to comment. Given your petite frame, it is unlikely that a 450CC HP implant will fit well on your chest wall. It will be too wide and spill out into your arm pit. The HP implant also has a very round look and will cause compression of the breast gland. This can lead to rippling. I think I would recommend you get another perspective from another plastic surgeon. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an ASAPS member. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

450 cc should do it!

+1

Girl22: At 5'2" and 110 pounds, I would characterize you as petite. I think 450 to 500 cc will get you beyond the full C/small D range and into the large D range. It is true that you lose a bit of volume from the sizer in your bra to the implant under the muscle but not that much.

Without the benefit of an exam or photos, I guessing 400 cc will get you to thee C/D range. Good luck!

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augment

+1

The ccs are quite large for you and the High Profile will make the artificiality of the result even more obvious. Make sure you know what you are asking for. Sounds like it might be a good idea to get at least 2 more consults. It is quite obvious from photos shown at our national meetings that the Texas look is oversized so that may actually be what you are after.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

450 cc implants and postop size

+1
Based on your information, it is very likely that 450cc implants with look large on your petite frame. If your goal is to achieve a full C or small D using a 450cc implant, you may actually overshoot your expectations and find that your final bra size is larger. In addition, if you feel that the sizers looked big on you, then expect that you will look nearly as large after surgery even after the implants settle. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD