Cost of tummy tuck in Minneapolis/midwest area? I need to find an affordable solution. (photo)

I need an affordable tummy tuck in the midwest. I live in Winona, MN & willing to travel reasonable distance. I'm a 37 yr mom of 4. 5ft4in & approx 122lbs. Outpatient surgery OK as long as credentials are in order. I've attached pics & I'm looking for firm quotes. I have a small(approx 1.5 cm) umbilical hernia that I'm hoping to get addressed at the same time. Any info or suggestions are appreciated. I've been working hard to get myself in shape & my tummy is the only thing holding me back now.

Cost of tummy tuck in Minneapolis/midwest area? I need to find an affordable solution.

+2

Umbilical hernia repair and tummy tuck may be $6500 on the low end.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Costs range on tummy tuck depending on type

+1

If you are petite and can be done under sedation for a mini tummy tuck with abdominal wall plication could be under $5000 for facility, sedation, and surgeon.

A full tummy tuck with general anesthesia is more about $6000 - $7000. Additional areas of liposuction add additional cost.

A reputable surgeon cannot give you "firm quotes" without an examination. You could be turned down after findings physically or mentally that make you not an ideal candidate to do as an outpatient, or other physical findings that mean you cant have the surgery at all.

Lastly, remember you are not buying a Chevrolet. It is not the same car built at General Motors and then you are shopping the dealers for the price. You are buying the person who assembles the car and the parts. Different surgeons will give you different levels of experience, qualifications, amenities (private operating room vs surgery center, different anesthesia, personality, staff caring, support, what he or she is doing).

A non board certified person doing it in a non accredited facility could have the lowest price and not give you the same results.

Another way to think of it is cruise lines. Different cruise lines will go to the same ports, but the cruise experience and how you enjoy it can be completely different.

Research several people by website, call about costs if you desire but remember that is not only a ballpark, but not the always the only factors, and then obtain a few consultations.

We have had patients that have come to us thinking we were a few hundred dollars higher and then, after comparing all the factors, apples and oranges decided we were not only the best value, but also provided more.

Benjamin Van Raalte, MD
Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

To best help you, four pictures are necessary in order to determine which techniques and procedures will be best for your case. Always consult with a certified Plastic Surgeon.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

The posted photos are "dark" and can not be seen! But the average out of pocket costs for full TT with hernia repair started from $8,000..//

Twin Cities Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear MNMomof4, Thank you for your question. The photos you included did not show your abdomen and therefore the cost information I provide you will not be as specific as you hoped for. If you resend your photos I can be more specific but ultimately a thorough exam will be needed. We perform all our surgeries in our fully accredited (AAAASF) surgical facility with full anesthetic capabilities on an outpatient basis. Local hotels and aftercare with one of our staff is available if needed/wanted. However, most patients go home after surgery and Winona is a short drive away. I am fully trained in general surgery as well and we frequently repair small umbilical hernias as part of the procedure. Costs would range from $6500-10,000 depending on your particular needs and wishes. This is an all inclusive price (OR, anesthesia, surgeons fees, garment, ultrasonic massage, and post op visits). Please send photos to drgervais@minneapolisplasticsurgery.com and can be more specific. Good luck. #DrGervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon