Cost of Porcelain Fused to High Noble Metal?

I went to the dentist today and was told that I need a crown. On the treatment plan, the fee for "Crown-porc fuse high noble mtl" is $944.00 plus a fee for "Crown buildup, include any pins" is $255. My insurance will pay half of those costs. Do the costs seem right or am I being overcharged? I live in San Antonio, TX. Thank you!

Am I being over charged for a PFM?

+1

Those fee's seem very fair and perhaps low... The most important question is the doctors skill and expertise good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD      CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of porcelin fused to high noble metal.

+1

Rather the opposite. You are definately being undercharged in comparison to the Boston area.

Svetlana Novak, DMD
Natick Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of Porcleain Fused to High Noble Metal Crown

+1

Definitely a reasonable cost for PFM crowns.  I prefer to do all porcelain crowns but for a PFM it is much lower than I would charge. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Fees For Dental Crowns

+1

If a porcelain fused to metal crown is what you are interested in these fees are absolutely on the low end.  I would schedule fast before he/she changes their mind.  That being said, we do not do crowns with metal.  We prefer all porcelain crowns for several reasons:

1.  Can be bonded to the tooth with a much better marginal seal.

2. More aesthetic than crowns with metal.

3.  I can always x-ray through them in the future, which we cannot do with crowns containing metal.  

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Fee for Porcelain Fused to High Noble Metal

+1

You're lucky you don't live in Manhattan. The fees would be at least double!

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Fees

+1

These fees are average for your area. You are lucky to have dental insurance.

Your only other option would be to check if you dentist is "In-Network" with your insurance company.

Often "In-Network" Dentists are contracted to charge less.

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Cosmetic Dentist