How Much Does Noes Hump Filing Cost?

My nose has been growing for the past year and a half, but now I'm 18. I wanted to know how much it would cost to file down the hump on my nose, and if this would be a good idea, according to my face balance.

When I look in the mirror at my nose, at a certain angle I see a straight line from my nose to the tip, and I don't like this. I used to have a curve in my nose, but since the bump grew, It doesn't look right.

Cost of rhinoplasty for dorsal hump or bump

+2

This is a very common question in my practice. The answer is that a seemingly 'simple shave' of the nose is not that at all. Moreover, only a personal examination can determine if the problem is truly that the hump is too high and needs to be reduced, versus deficiency of the radix (above the hump) and/or deficiency of the midvault (below the hump). The latter is often due to trauma. Sometimes, to achieve facial harmony and ideal dorsal nasal height, we have to do a little of both.

Having said all of this, the question becomes, how much does a primary rhinoplasty cost. The cost will vary by geographic region and, importantly, surgeon experience. If you have been reading this forum, you realize that revision rhinoplasty is unfortunately quite common. So, paying for the experience increases your odds of success.

Good luck to you.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hump Filing Cost

+1
The costs of rhinoplasty like the costs most procedures vary significantly among regions and even within a county. The costs are higher in more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles, or in areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons. We currently charge starting at $2000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for tip rhinoplasty. Because you can get quality work for less in South Florida, many patients will come from throughout the country and world to have surgery here.

To ensure quality work at most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. These surgeons must maintain the highest standards to keep accreditation. Moreover, the surgeons are motivated to ensure quality and properly trained staff (to minimize time and frustration in surgery), private and comfortable facilities (to ensure continued referrals), and less waste (to ensure that they can remain competitive financially with other centers).

Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Hump filing procedure, cost

+1
Each individual is different. Some folks only need a little surgery, like taking down the hump.  One may need cartilage trim. One may need in-fracturing. One may also want to reduce the projection of the nose.  Sometimes operating on one part of the nose may effect another part. Best to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Visit with a few. Take a look at the before/after photos. Ask your questions. Together, you should be able to garner a plan to achieve your goals. The cost may depend on many factors, including the complexity of your nose, time spent in the OR, the city that you live in.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Cost of a simple shave in Rhinoplasty.

+1

You would expect to pay less for a "simple shave". Alas, that may not be the case because the slightest of alternations in the nose creates other changes that need to be addressed and so while it appears as if all you need is a shaving, it may required much more than that. 

A surgeon, well qualified, will be able to determine exactly what else, if anything, you would need and would, I assume, charge accordingly. 

Regarding price, the cost of a rhinoplasty does depend on where you are located.  The more rural, the less it is, and in the more urban areas you will find that the costs are higher.  While price is always a consideration, it is more important to check the surgeons qualifications, board status and experience.  Rhinoplasty is a complex operation and you have to choose someone who is skilled over a good price.

Philip Miller, MD

Nasal Hump Filing

+1

Evaluate your entire nose with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. After removing the hump it may be necessary to narrow the surrounding bony part of your nose. In the pictures it appears you should consider changing the width and contour of your tip. After consultation you will understand all the alternatives.

Rhinoplasty for hump removal and cost

+1

Filing the hump down on the nose is only part of the equation when performing a rhinoplasty. After filing the hump down, osteotomies are likely to be performed to narrow the nasal pyramid. When the bridge is filed down this creates an open roof deformity which then necessitates osteotomies. That is a traditional rhinoplasty procedure.

The tip depressor ligament can be released at the same time to allow the tip to stay straight and not plunge downwards upon smiling. The cost of a rhinoplasty in the Seattle area is approximately $6,000.00, which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the procedure.

Rhinoplasty

+1

From what I see you would benefit from an open rhinoplasty, as you have not only a hump, but sub optimal tip. Prices vary according to location. Call to schedule an appointment with a reputable plastic surgeon.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Nasa bump removal cost is variable.

+1

It depends on whether or not the nasal bones need to be narrowed after the bump is removed. That, in turn, depends on how much bump is removed and how wide the nose will be after this. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to evaluate your nose.

Nasal hump reduction

+1

Nasal hump reduction in your case is likely to also involve pushing the nasal bones back together to close an "open roof". This is much like a house. When you take the hump or roof down, you have to push the sides together to close the open roof or you will have a flat top effect to the top of your nose. I'm not sure what the prices in Chicago are but if that is all you want done to your nose you are looking at around 3500 dollars for a limited rhinoplasty. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filing down a small nasal hump or bump: nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

Unfortunately it is not that simple. The bones are only 1-2mm thick whereas your bump is likely to be 3mm or more. That means that filing it down will go completey through the bone creating an open roof deformity. Imagine trying to take the peak off of an A-frame house, you would end up in the attic. Therefore we need to close the open roof. This is done with either a piece of cartilage or by bringing in the sides of the nose to recreate the peak.