How Much Does Lower Body Lift Cost?

I know my insurance isn't going to cover it, but I've lost a ton of weight (113 lbs so far!) and I know this surgery is on the horizon. I am saving up and will do some financing, but what is the range of price I need to shoot for?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Cost of Lower Body Lift, Baltimore, Maryland, D.C.

+1
Total Cost for Lower Body Lift, also known as belt lipectomy, averages $16K-$18K.
This includes the surgeon's fee, OR and anesthesia fees. The components of the surgery are:

• tummy tuck (tightens abdominal muscles)
• outer thigh lift
• buttock lift
• excess skin and fat from the entire midsection of the body is removed
• skin closure is tailored to enhance the figure

I use the Lockwood technique of body lifting because it has the least amount of complications and provides the best surgical result. All of my major procedures, including lower body lift are performed using IV sedation rather than general anesthesia, in view of the fact that:
1. less nausea than general anesthesia
2. quicker recovery immediately following surgery
3. eliminates the risk of pulmonary embolism which is a major concern with general anesthesia

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD
Baltimore, Maryland

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/body-lift/

Lower body lift cost is high, but worth it

+3

This is truly transformative operation and is one of the biggest that we do in cosmetic plastic surgery- expect to pay $12-20K for the procedure- which would include anesthesia and after-care visits. Soem surgeons are doing the LBL in an outpatient setting with close RN monitoring at home and aggressive DVT protective measures- this can hold the cost down considerably- the hospital is an expensive venue to have surgery....

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/after_weight_loss.php

Lower body lift pricing

+2

Body lifts are general category for tightening the skin of the trunk usually following massive weight loss.    It can come as a lower body lift or upper body lift.  The lower body lift typically addresses the abdomen, buttocks and hip region.   Body lifts are generally long operations 4-8 hours.  They should only be done in accredited surgery centers or the hospitals likely under general anesthesia.  they should only be done by board certified plastic surgeons.  This is the type of operation that can have major complications and safety is critically important.

The price of this operation is VERY dependent on the individual anatomy and where the excess skin and tissue is located.  I would recommend getting multiple estimates from different surgeons before proceeding with the surgery.  In general a body lift can run between 13,000 and 20,000 dollars or more.  This would include outpatient surgery with OR fees, Anesthesia, and surgeon fees.

Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Cost of body lift and body lift effects

+1

Great job!! I would budget $11-18K.  I would also wait for 6 months of weight stability before you have surgical procedures. Unfortunately there is no effective non-surgical method.  However, a body lift can truly change your life. Excess abdominal fat  and skin is removed, the abdomen and your core is tightened, your hips are raised and defined and your buttock has new definition and shape.  The combination is powerful and the results are immediate. I would do the body lift first, then stage procedures every 4-6 months. Healing time is 2-4 weeks. The most important thing is safety. Please don't compromise on this! See a board certified plastic surgeon

Lower body lift cost will be 15-25 K

+1

Thank you for the question.  A lower body lift involves the removal of tissue circumstantially (all of the way around) your waist at the level of your lower bikini line.  This can be considered a tummy tuck for the front and a buttock/thigh lift for the back and sides.  The cost of all of this including anesthesia, operating room, and surgeons fee can vary widely but you should expect a range of 15-25 K depending on the area of the country.  You should have several consults and should seek out board certified plastic surgeons with a practice that lies heavily on body contouring.  

All of the best,

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

How Much Does Lower Body Lift Cost?

+1

In our facility the average cost is 14,500 – 20,000 dollars depending on the amount of time it takes for the procedure. We require a one night stay in the facility.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Lower Body Lift Cost?

+1

A lower body lift procedure in our practice costs about 15k. This includes the Circumferential Lift, OR and anesthesia cost, 1 night in the hospital and a pain catheter placement. We also include a blood thinner in our cost that will be injected for 1 week after the procedure.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Range for Lower Body Lifting Surgery

+1

Each surgeon’s fees will be different depending on many factors.  Factors such as the certification of the surgeon, the experience of the surgeon, if the surgery is performed in the office or in a hospital / outpatient surgery center, if performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia and who is administering the anesthesia.  Don’t choose your surgeon ONLY by price, make sure they can achieve your goals.

In my practice, this would range $10,000-$15,000 depending on how much work is performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/weightloss.htm

Lower body lift cost

+1

In NYC, I would say the approximate surgeon's fee for a lower body lift is in the neighborhood of $15-20,000.

Maryland - Metropolitan Washington DC Bodylift

+1

Lower body lifts mean different things to different patients and plastic surgeons. I consider a lower body lift to encompass:

• tummy tuck with abdominal wall tightening and umbilical transposition
  • monslift (lifting of the pubic region)
  • lateral thigh lift with fascial release
  • buttock lift +/- buttock auto-augmentation
  • any necessary liposuction of the flank back region

Prices will depend not only on the geographic market, but also the expertise of the plastic surgeon. In my region the average LBL is around $16-20K.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon