Any Way to Get a Bigger Smile?

This is a bit of a different question. I was wondering if there is any possible way to get a great, big smile, and that means getting bigger teeth basically? If your teeth are small and you want big, round teeth to show, like a huge smile, and the mouth is also wider as are the lips, basically just get a more open, wider and bigger smile with bigger teeth...does this come under the category of full mouth reconstruction and is it possible? Note this is for a cosmetic purpose only. Thank you!

Yes, of course it is possible to get a bigger smile

+2

Yes, of course it is possible to get a bigger and wider smile. In cases where the jaw is small and narrow, Invisalign, which is a series of clear plastic aligners that you would change every two and a half weeks, are custom made only for you to wear, can expand the jaw making it bigger and wider. Another thing you can do to make the teeth look bigger is to have Veneers placed on them. Veneers are permanently bonded to the front surface of teeth, they are a great way to make small teeth longer, wider and thicker, giving you a bigger smile.

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, we can broaden your smile!

+2

We can broaden your smile by slightly building out the facials of the posterior teeth in porcelain. Many patients have posterior segments, or back teeth, that are set in or collapsed. When these people smile or are photgraphed one can only really see their front six teeth. During a consultation, photos and models are taken and sent to the lab. My lab technician proceeds to wax up the set of models to a desired cosmetic result. The patient can then see a before and after improvement prior to starting work.

Benjamin S. Fiss, DDS
Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneers

+1
With porcelain veneers we can change the size, color and shape or the tooth that will be covered. They are a fantastic aesthetic solution for peoiple that are looking to change the way their smile looks. A complete smile makeover can be completed in just one week, it also depends how many teeth  you need or want to be changed. 

German Arzate, DDS, MS
Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

A BIgger and Fuller Smile

+1

There are a number of ways to improve / widen / enhance your smile.  I recommend starting with some nice photos showing your teeth, gums, smile, etc.  Look at them together with your dentist and evaluate what your goals are.  You can make teeth longer / shoe less gum / more gum / widen the smile / etc.  There are endless options but you have to see what fits your mouth and face.  Start with some photos and models of your teeth and go from there.  Best of Luck!

Frank Orlando, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

The Big Smile, How to achieve it.

+1

A Big, bright smile is acheivable in many ways. There are many options, one that may not have been mentioned is Snap on Smile. This is far less  expensive and more conservative than full mouth reconstruction. You simply have impressions taken, and teeth made to fit over your existing teeth. You wear them whenever you want the big smile appearance! 

Marielaina Perrone, DDS
Henderson Cosmetic Dentist

Wider Smile With Porcelain Veneers

+1

The answer to all of these questions is yes!  If your teeth are undersized porcelain veneers are an excellent way to enhance your smile.  The teeth can be made bigger, wider, whiter, and rounder to give you the look that you are looking for.  We can widen the "buccal corridor" in many patients, which helps in giving you a wider smile.  The buccal corridor is the area between the teeth and the lips around your premolars.  By widening the premolars with veneers it will fill this area in giving you the appearance of a wider smile.  

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

A bigger smile can be a huge asset!!!

+1

You may be a great candidate for Prepless or Minimal Prep Veneers.  This is where we remove very little if any of the existing tooth structure before bonding artfully crafted porcelain veneers.  These are great because they preserve your natural tooth structure.

A lot of "cosmetic dentists" are not comfortable with this technique - it is extremely demanding of both the dentist and the ceramist.  There is a certain brand name of porcelain which has marketed itself specifically to this niche.  I have yet to see a good looking case done this way.  

This is a fantastic treatment modality, but you'd better be sure you've got the right dentist, unless you are going for the fake/"chiclet" look.  There are very few ceramists capable of this technique.  I personally recommend finding a dentist trained in the Durathin technique, though I'm sure there are others who can do a fine job as well.

John Whittemore, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist