Corrective Surgery for Unhappy Breast Reduction - Will I Have to Pay?

I had breast reduction surgery a few months ago & I am very unhappy with the results. I have a lot left over in my bra-line area, & I can not wear a regular bra, & only certain types of sports or compression bras. It looks so bad that I am severely depressed & am extremely remorseful about having surgery to begin with. My insurance denied paying to correct it, & I am so embarrassed about the way I look & I refuse to see the surgeon who performed the surgery. Will I have to pay to correct it?

Unhappy after Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Assuming your original surgeon is a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon,  I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with him/her  and calmly ( and in a non-accusatory fashion) communicate your concerns and goals. Most plastic surgeons are very eager to keep their patients as happy as possible. Persistence with your insurance company may be helpful as well.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast reduction correction

+1
Usually, if an insurance company pays for a surgery, it will pay for a subsequent corrective procedure. If your insurer denied the revision, then you should appeal the decision. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the results of your reduction. Without a photograph, it's impossible to comment on your dissatisfaction and provide recommendations for correction but you should certainly see another plastic surgeon if you no longer have confidence in the doctor who performed the operation.

Need breast reduction revision - who pays?

+1

As insurance often pays for the initial procedure, it is possible that hte insurance plan may pay for a revision. You need to have a discussion with yoru surgeon as to why you are unhappy, what can be done, if anything to remedy the situation and who is to pay for it.

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Talk to your surgeon when unhappy with results

+1

Most insurance companies will not pay for revisions after breast reductions because they veiw it as aesthetic. Most surgeons have policies regarding revision surgery and I would start by bringing your concerns up with your original surgeon.

Unhappy post-op breast reduction

+1

Each doctor's office has a different policy regarding revison surgery or additional surgery after a breast reduction.

Everyone performs revisions

+1

I would suggest strongly that you go back to your original surgeon and discuss your concerns. I know of no plastic surgeons who do not want to make their patients happy. Most plastic surgeons will not charge their own patients for revisions. Unfortunately, complications occur in any practice, and all plastic surgeons perform occasional revision procedures.

Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Dissatisfied with breast reduction.

+1

It really would be best for you to speak with the original surgeon whom I am sure would want you to have a satisfactory outcome. He/she will likely work with you to determine a reasonable resolution to your concerns.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-reduction/