How to Correct Tubular Breasts Without Implants? What could make my breast more round?

I have tubular breasts and I've always felt bad about it. I don't have much money, so implants are probably too expensive for me. What I'm most worried about it the areola that looks swollen so I want to know if a areola correction would solve that part. And also, what could make my breast more round? I read about injecting fat and also cutting tissue on the breast. And could you tell how much would be to make this happen? Thank you so much.

Hello 1234maria

+1

To give you a helpful answer to your question, I would need to see some photos of your breasts as there is a wide variety of tubular breast shapes. Yes, a circumareolar mastopexy (donut lift) has been a long standing good procedure to utilize with or without implants to address many of the issues in tubular breasts. Sometimes, an implant is quite helpful to smooth out discrepancies between the areolar shape and breast shape. If your breasts can benefit from an implant, then do the whole procedure once you have saved your money (or use Care Credit). Good luck.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Correct tubular breasts with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without an implant.  After this is performed, if you are dissatisfied with the size fat can be injected.        

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Correction of constricted or tubular breasts without implants.

+1

One of the few indications for a doughnut mastopexy is correction of a constricted breast. At the same time as resizing in flattening the over projection of the areola the base of the breast is released and allowed to expand.

Correcting tubular breasts without breast implants

+1

Adding breast implants will add volume to the breasts.  Lack of volume is usually a component of tubular (tuberous) breasts.  If you did not want to add implants, that is certainly a possibility but the other options you mentioned - fat injections and/or areola reduction would still require surgery.  Most plastic surgeons have financing arrangements that you can use towards your surgery.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

How to Correct Tubular Breasts Without Implants?

+1

If breast volume is not an issue (but it usually is), then a mastopexy (breast lift) customized to the problem at hand will be acceptable. 

Fat injection is an alternative to implants when it comes to  breast enlargement, but it is not less expensive. In fact the fees are usually considerably greater than for enlargement with implants because of how much longer the procedure takes. 

Photos would help us make more specific suggestions. Realself does have fee estimates for your area for breast implants and breast lift.

All the best