Can You Do Coolsculpting on Your Stomach if You Have Had Lapband Surgey?

Coolsculpting Post Lapband Surgery?

+1

Thank you for your question. Although, Coolsculpting is a safe and non-invasive procedure, I would recommend getting a medical clearance from your primary care provider. If it has been several years since your procedure, it should be a safe procedure if you are a good candidate. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Coolsculpting after lap band surgery

+1

you should wait a while after surgery (lap band) before undergoing CoolSculpting. Allow the surgery to heal and check with your surgeon that the suction of the coolsculpting won't create a problem.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting on Abdomen after Lapband

+1

There is no reason that you can't do Coolsculpting on the abdomen after a lapband or gastric bypass surgery.   If the problem you are trying to address is more lax skin than fat it may not be ideal however.  It would be best to consult a board certified plastic surgeon that is also experienced in Coolsculpting to evaluate if you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting or would be better served by a tummy tuck procedure. 

Good luck!

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting After Lapband Surgery

+1

CoolSculpting safely and effectively eliminates fat cells from problem areas such as the stomach, flanks and back.  In general, having a CoolSculpting procedure performed after having lapband surgery is not a problem.  However, as each patient is unique, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist before any treatment is performed.

David Goldberg, MD

CoolSculpting

+1
To be able to undergo a CoolSculpting treatment, you should be in good health in fairly normal weight, and simply have areas of fat that have proven hard to get rid of. Many CoolSculpting patients find that their results have given them incentive to begin new habits with diet and exercise that have resulted in further weight loss and enhanced self esteem. A personal consultation with an MD is necessary to decide whether CoolSculpting is a good option for you. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

CoolSculpting after lapband surgery?

+1

Absolutely.  It's important to understand that the CoolSculpting procedure does not remove any skin, it only kills fat cells.  It's also important to have your surgeon evaluate you for a hernia - because if you have one you should not do CoolSculpting. I recommend you see a Plastic Surgeon in your area that does CoolSculpting for more information and recommendations.

Jennifer Harrington MD

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon