Coolsculpting and Hydration For Quicker Results?

Are there any studies to determine if patients who maintain better hydration see quicker results than those who do not?

CoolSculpting doesn't require significant hydration to be effective

+1

I am not aware of a study comparing the results of those patients who drink a lot of water versus those who don't, while responding to treatment from Zeltiq's CoolSculpting. Endermologie, which is a kneading and suction device, involves multiple treatments and significant water consumption. I'm not aware of a study that investigated the results of that treatment with patients who did not consume much water. CoolSculpting definitely works well for many of our patients and we do not tell them to consume large quantities of water.

CoolSculpting Results

+1
No supplements or pills are required and you do not have to adopt new diet and exercise habits. Many patients do feel more motivated to take care of themselves after the CoolSculpting treatment. When you have your CoolSculpting treatment, the affected fat cells will be eliminated. As long as you maintain your weight with your normal diet and exercise, your long-term results should remain stable. Hydration will not affect the swiftness of results.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Preparation before Coolsculpting

+1

Adequate hydration may be important for treatment with radiofrequency device such as Exilis for fat contouring however probably does not make much of a difference for Coolsculpting. Regardless one should always be adequately hydrated.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hydration and Coolsculpting

+1

I haven't heard or read about patients who are better hydrated achieving better results with the Coolsculpting treatment but you may want to go on their website to see if you can find any additional information.