Best Way to Permanently Remove Fat Cells?

I have always read and have had friends who had traditional lipo and the fat always resurfaces some other weird random place because we are pre set w/ a certain number of fat cells.

Does cool lipo have the same effect in permanently removing the cells or just the fat? Thanks.

Tumescent Liposuction Has The Best Track Record

+3

Having taught liposuction for years at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, I know traditional tumescent liposuction to be a wonderful treatment, with an unparalleled safety record.

Of all the available methods for fat removal, it is the only one I would consider using on myself, and it is the only one I offer to my patients.

Recently, there have been many companies promoting techniques such as Smart Lipo and Cool Lipo, which aim to modify the traditional tumescent liposuction technique by adding lasers, etc. to the procedure.

Unfortunately, there is no clear evidence that any of these procedures offers any advantage to traditional tumescent liposuction. The lasers can, however, increase risk to the patient, since the laser can injure tissue, burn skin, cause a scar, etc.

Fat cells that are removed With liposuction generally remain gone. If a person gains weight, however, the other fat cells in the body will get larger. Liposuction is best for patients whose weight is stable.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Fat cells removed by liposuction are gone forever

+2

The fat cells removed during liposuction are gone forever.  However, nothing prevents us from gaining weight.  Weight gained after liposuction is often distributed more evenly.  It is a myth that all weight gain after liposuction goes to one body part or another.

Encino Plastic Surgeon

Best Way To Remove Fat

+1

The best way to permanently remove fat cells is with tumescent liposuction. CoolSculpting is the best option for non-surgical fat cell removal.

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/liposuction-austin-CAL-custom-acoustic-liposuction.html

It really depends on how much weight someone puts on after liposuction.

+1

Most people who have liposuction are extremely careful about weight gain and the ideal candidates are patients who have stubborn pockets of fat.  These stubborn pockets of fat do not go away regardless of the person's weight.  So after liposuction slight weight gain will result in a generalized increase in fat all over the body.  However is the person puts on a lot of weight, there may be secondary pockets of fat that become more noticeable.  Once fat cell are removed, they are removed for ever!

Liposuction Removes Fat Cells Located in Problem Ares that Don't Respond Well to Diet & Exercise

+1

Liposuction is typically performed to remove fat cells located in problem areas that don’t respond to diet and exercise. When these fat cells are removed with liposuction, they are gone forever. The only exception is when the patients are morbidly obese; under these circumstances fat cells can experience re-growth.

Unfortunately, poor life style choices such as over eating can result in weight gain. This can lead to enlargement of the remaining fat cells in areas that have been previously treated with liposuction. This can result in re-accumulation of fat in these problem areas and a recurrence of the original problem.

In most cases of weight gain following liposuction, the previous problem areas are minimally impacted. The weight gain is usually more evenly distributed throughout the body and is therefore less problematic. It doesn’t significantly impact body contour and the over all aesthetic result.

Weight gain can have a significant impact on a patient’s result following liposuction. For this reason, it’s extremely important that patients maintain a healthy life style following liposuction. This will prove to be the best way to protect your investment and make it all worthwhile.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Best Way to Permanently Remove Fat Cells

+1

Liposuction is a good permanent way to remove fat cells.  The number of fat cells becomes stabilized in ones teens and if removed by liposuction they are gone forever.  However, if one continues to eat high calorie foods and does not exercise then the remaining fat cells will increase in size and you will get obese.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/liposuction.html

Permanent Fat Removal?

+1

Thank you for the commonly asked question.

Fat cells that are gone (for example removed with liposuction surgery) are gone forever.  However, if a patient gains weight the fat cells that remain in the area treated with liposuction and in areas that were not treated will grow.  Do your best to maintain a healthy weight  after your procedure. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Weight gain after liposuction

+1

Liposuction will permanently remove fat cells and adipocytes.  However, weight gain will ultimately occur if you do not maintain a healthy diet and exercise after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.expertlipo.com

Liposuction is very effective in permanently remove fat cells

+1

Liposuction is a safe, popular, and effective way to contour the body. This is the most effective technique to permanently remove fat cells. Although other techniques have been described that include melting the fat cells with radio waves or injecting medicine that will cost the fat cells to melt, these are not as consistent. For best results, it is recommended that you work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has great deal of experience in liposuction and body contouring as they will be able to examine your body and determine if your body will heal well from a liposuction surgery.

Cool Lipo has same issues as traditional liposuction

+1

Liposuction is always best done when a patient is at their goal weight. If the patient puts on weight after surgery, the fat may distribute differently. Cool lipo is just another form of liposuction and will have the same issues as more traditional forms.