Should I continue to us Kojic acid soap if my skin darkened?

I used to be a light brown complexion. I am african american and overtime my face darkened 2 or 3 shades and is noticeably darker than my body. Now my face is dark brown. so I recently bought kojic acid soap and my skin got way darker and turned a dark orange. What should i do should i keep using it for 30 days or not. My face just does not like acid like lemon for example my face darkens.

stop the soap

+1
there maybe something in the soap
that is irritating your skin and causing this problem.Havr you tried a hydroquinone? while that can also be irritating if you start using it first just once a week at night and increase as tolerated.Imp 2 use sunscreen with zinc or titanium diocde