Can Compression Garments Reduce Cellulite?

Marena Everyday says their compression garments reduce cellulite by increasing lymphatic drainage. Is this true? Can compression garments really reduce cellulite?

Compression garments do not work, Cellulaze does

+1
Hello. As you have probably learned from your research on cellulite it has always been very difficult to treat. Certainly compression garments, creams and lotions are of no use especially when looking at the cost/benefit ratio and the fact that they are in no way permanent.  Procedures like Velashape and Endermologie are non-invasive but require multiple treatments and maintenance treatments or everything returns back to the way it was. Again, for the cost not a very satisfying option. If you are not ready or convinced about Cellulaze your best bet would to be to do nothing rather than spend your time and money on procedures that often end up in frustration. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. At some point it might be worthwhile to have a consultation with someone in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to get more detailed information. I honestly think it is the best tool we have for cellulite today. Good luck. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes   

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments

+1

Wearing a compression garment will not reduce cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive procedure to get rid of cellulite, and wearing the garment afterwards can help to control the swelling.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Compression garments

+1

compression garments are not an effective treatment for cellulite.  I recommend you conisiderCellulaze - a one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Effective treatment for cellulite

+1

I suggest you explore cellulaze for definitive treatment for cellulite

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Let's see the study

+1

There are many "claims" to reduce cellulite. The real key is to see if the treatment is lasting. Not many studies in the field for this problem. Publications show that people spend 3 BILLION for various cellulite treatments -- lotions, potions et. al. So regarding a compressive garment, I do not know of any study that shows that any type of garment provides a lasting benefit. Time for companies that make claims to step up to the plate and do the studies that will allow doctors and patients to see lasting results.

Michael Kulick, MD