Is It Common to Have Blisters After Tumescent Lipo?

i had tumescent lipo 4 days ago.I had blister on my upper and lower adb.that same day. is that normal?

Blisters after tumescent liposuction are uncommon and usually caused by tape or the pressure garment.

+2

If you had tumescent liposuction without laser, the most common cause of blister is a tape reaction or pressure on the skin, possibly from the pressure garment or foam compression. If you have blister from those causes, they should heal within a few weeks.  Blisters caused by laser liposuction are much deeper, take longer to heal and usually leave a scar. 

Web reference: http://gatewaylasercenter.com/TumescentLiposuctionBodyJet.html

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Blisters After Tumescent Lipo?

+1

Thank you for your question. There are some heat involved during the melting  of the fat and sometimes a blister can form.  I would apply some Neosporin if no allergies to it or some petroleum jelly like Aquaphor. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Blisters after liposuction are rare and usually caused by reactions to tape.

+1

Blisters after liposuction are rare and usually caused by reactions to tape. A persistent blister could be a sign of infection. Presumably your surgeon is seeing you regularly post op and can diagnose the problem,

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon