Is It Common to Have Blisters After Tumescent Lipo?

i had tumescent lipo 4 days ago.I had blister on my upper and lower adb.that same day. is that normal?

Blisters after tumescent liposuction are uncommon and usually caused by tape or the pressure garment.

If you had tumescent liposuction without laser, the most common cause of blister is a tape reaction or pressure on the skin, possibly from the pressure garment or foam compression. If you have blister from those causes, they should heal within a few weeks.  Blisters caused by laser liposuction are much deeper, take longer to heal and usually leave a scar. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Blisters After Tumescent Lipo?

Thank you for your question. There are some heat involved during the melting  of the fat and sometimes a blister can form.  I would apply some Neosporin if no allergies to it or some petroleum jelly like Aquaphor. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Blisters after liposuction are rare and usually caused by reactions to tape.

Blisters after liposuction are rare and usually caused by reactions to tape. A persistent blister could be a sign of infection. Presumably your surgeon is seeing you regularly post op and can diagnose the problem,

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon