How Much Swelling Should I Expect After Collagen Injection?

ive just today had my left cheek injected with collagen because of a depressed scar.but now my cheek looks more puffed out than my right (swollen and hard) will this fade and take the natural look of my other cheek? thank you

Collagen Injections and Swelling

+1
Thank you for your question. In this circumstance it sounds like you may have been exposed to bovine collagen and this is potentially an allergic reaction. I would meet with a qualified professional to have a physical examination in order to determine the root cause. Hopefully the discussion here has provided you with questions for your injector.

Swelling after collagen injections

+1

Collagen injections are rare today. Was it bovine (from cow hide) or was it human collagen? Bovine collagen can cause allergic reactions in 1 - 3 % of the population. It is very rare with the use of human collagen. Swelling can occur for a number of reasons. You should see your injector to be evaluated and reassured.