Is Collagen Injections for Breasts Safe?

I got a friend who went for Collagen injection in her breast. And I want to go too but I want to know if its safer than Breast implant.

See additional opinions

+1

Be very careful. Collagen injections don’t last long and you would need a large volume to lift a breast. What “collagen” is being used? Have there been studies with the large amount needed for the breast and what reaction it can cause? A controversial treatment is fat injection, but at least that is your own tissue being injected back to you. Make sure you see a different physician for their opinion.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Collagen injections are NOT for breast enlargement!

+1

In fact, I can think of very few, if any, proper medical indications for injection of collagen into breasts. Just where exactly did your friend have the collagen placed? In the nipple? Or was it supposedly for enlargement? Are you sure it was collagen injection and not fat?

Even fat injection for breast enlargement is controversial, and generally condemned by most breast surgeons, general surgeons and plastic surgeons alike. This is because some of the injected fat can die, causing densities and sometimes calcifications that can interfere with mammography detection of breast cancers.

There is NO cheap and easy way to enlarge your breasts without plastic surgery and breast implants.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.