I Really Don't Want Braces. How Can I Close a Gap Between my Two Front Teeth Without Braces? (photo)

I have a small gap between my two front teeth. i really dont want braces but i want the gap gone. how can i do this without braces?

Closing a gap without braces

+1
This can be done in two ways.  The most common is bonding tooth colored filling material on one or both teeth.  It sounds easy, but only skilled dentists can make it look real.  With gaps a bit larger, or when fixing other issues like size or shape, porcelain veneers are another option.  This covers the front and sides of teeth and is more color stable and more durable than bonding composite fillings.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Closing Small Gaps with Cosmetic Dental Bonding

+1
HI There,

In dentistry, conservative treatment is always the best treatment for the small things.  Cosmetic dental bonding is what I would suggest.  Quick.  Easy.  Painless. Conservative.  Look for an experienced cosmetic dentist, preferable one Accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.  If there is no one near you with that designation, then look o- line, or ask to see the cosmetic work of the doctors you interview, or your own.  While it is a simple procedure yes, it is one that requires artistic and technical skill to make that bonding totally blend into your teeth, to make the mid-line straight and to have the right color/shade so that it helps your smile pop.  Good luck! 

Nancy Summer Lerch, DDS
New Haven Cosmetic Dentist

Small gap between teeth

+1

I agree with the other doctors. 

Composite bonding should be your best bet for such a small gap. That will be most conservative and fast treatment option as well.    You could also use invisalign but that may be overkill

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Closing small gaps

+1

Orthodontics (Invisalign) would be my first choice of treatment, however this would also require that you wear a retainer at night to keep the space closed after orthodontics is completed. A small space such as yours could be corrected by placing a direct composite (tooth-colored) filling. This would need to be maintained over the years but would provide a very quick solution to your problem.

Peter Rinaldi, DMD
Washington DC Cosmetic Dentist

Small Gap between teeth

+1

Composite bonding should be your best bet for such a small gap. That will be most conservative and fast treatment option as well.

Gaurav K. Goel, MDS
India Cosmetic Dentist

Options for closing gap between front two teeth

+1

Thanks for the photo. The gap you have is very small, but I can imagine how bothersome this could be. I see that you do not want braces, but Orthodontic treatment is your best bet. Are you open to Invisalign (clear removable aligners)? Invisalign can fix this fairly quick. With good retention program-post treatment, you can have and reatin this closed without any trouble.

Non-orthodontic options can be bondings or veneers, you want to consult good cosmetic dentist in your area if you are leaning towards those options. 

Hema Patel, DDS
Fremont Cosmetic Dentist