Clear & Brilliant Laser Treatment?

Is it okay to do this treatment if I am currently on 20 mgs of accutane every 2 weeks?

Clear and Brilliant Laser

+1
Clear and Brilliant is better known as the "mini-Fraxel".  It has great results which are like getting a chemical peel without any of the redness or peeling.  I would definitely go off of Accutane for 6 months to a year depending on what laser procedure and depth of penetration you are aiming for.  Please find a board certified dermatology with a great deal of experience in lasers for the best results.

Laser treatments and Accutane

+1

I assume you mean you take 20mg of the medication, and you take one pill every two weeks, as part of a maintenance regimen? You will need to consult the office treating you and discuss their protocols. Some offices demand patients be entirely off Accutane for a minimum of 6 months before doing any type of laser treatment. You will need to follow your office's protocols, so follow up with them.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.